Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

Go back and take another look at the dragon. Get close.

Question about Magiclysm: why some spells show their casting time in moves and other in seconds? Some are affected by player speed and some are not? Or it’s just an oversight?
e: and another question: max mana, what is the formula defining its amount? Or, in other words, what does it depend on? I only know there are some starting perks which can increase it.

I know it’s affected by Intelligence and Spellcraft, but not the exact details.
Oh, and bionic power opposes it. Every point of current bionic power removes one point of max mana. (Max bionic power doesn’t do anything, so you can be a spellcasting cyborg as long as your internal batteries are currently flat.)

1 Like

I can’t answer your first question but I am pretty sure that max mana is calulated by this formula:
Max mana = (200 + 100 * int) * mana_mult + mana_add - current bionic power.

Where Max mana, int and current bionic power are self explanatory and mana_mult/mana_add are increases to your mana reserves granted by items and/or mutations.

1 Like

How do you bring down log walls? I mean, for actual construction work, i.e. without excessive measures like lighting them on fire or using sonic resonator or explosives.
Nothing in construction menu, smashing them with sledgehammer with str 15 doesn’t work at all, drilling with jackhammer leaves broken log wall which can’t be drilled further and still blocks movement/item placing. I’m at my wits’ end. Really, I only want to remove like 3 tiles of that log wall and add 4 in other place, is it so much to ask for?..

I’ve never tried. Would digging a pit on the tile work? Or would it just be an invalid place to dig up?

You can only dig a pit on the tile you stand on, and you can’t stand on tiles with walls.

Have you tried using a fireaxe, instead of the sledgehammer? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry quick question. Where do I go to track the stable builds?

Doesn’t work either, str 15 isn’t enough to damage the wall. There are 2 solutions to this problem, though. One is heavy sledge hammer, another is .50cal gun, be it barrett or mounted m2hb.

1 Like

Is there a button I can click on the Cataclysm github to see all the mods that depend off it? Or do I pretty much have to be linked to them from here?

If you want to track progress towards the stable builds, the projects page on GitHub has a page for the blockers for 0.E. After those are done, we can get 0.E out.

1 Like

Thank you, been meaning to do another run when the 0.E comes out. This’ll help track that.

I guess the answer is “no”, but I’ll still ask: is there a way to preview result of deconstructing an item? Except searching through game files, that is.

You guessed wrong

Press (
You can also use d: to search what things disassemble into

Not disassembling, deconstructing. Via construction menu.

Oh, you mean furniture or terrain, not items - the answer there is no.

Anyone know how to use the grappling hook? I can’t seem to figure out how to deploy it, and I really don’t want to keep trying otherwise I might lose this character. Previous forum posts seem to have the same problem, but never a straight answer.

When attempting to decent down sheer drops if you have a grappling hook or a long rope in your inventory you should get a prompt to use it. Using it makes you permanently loose it and replaces the sheer drop with a pseudo-stairway.

The above information is incorrect.

Must be bugged then? Or maybe because it was favorited? Idk, it didn’t give me the prompt. It just asked me to jump.