Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

Put it in a gun, pull the trigger. It will disassemble itself. :wink:

Or you could use a kinetic bullet puller. Up to you.

The first way has the possible side effect of killing something you might want dead. The second way lets you keep the bullet, brass, and powder. Sometimes one way is better, sometimes the other.

3 Likes

There’s two things I’m trying to find that I can’t.
The first is a scalpel. I figured a Hospital? Cleaved my way through the whole thing and nada.

The second is superalloy sheets. Where do I even start with these?

Superalloy sheets don’t spawn anywhere in the game. You get them by disassembling one (or more) of the following:

Superalloy tactical dog outfit
MBR vest (superalloy)
Head Alloy Plating CBM
Arms Alloy Plating CBM
Torso Alloy Plating CBM
Legs Alloy Plating CBM

Scalpel can also spawn in doctor’s offices and ambulances. Also, judging by game files, they can spawn in storage units but I guess the chance is very small. Never found it myself there.

From a practical standpoint, driving around looking for ambulances might be the quickest way to find a scalpel (assuming you have a vehicle capable of scouting cityscape quickly).

Scalpels used to infrequently spawn in labs. I don’t know about the new variety but the old one might still have a chance of having one.

About “analyze zombie blood” quest: can it so happen that the hospital you are directed to have no centrifuge? I’m not talking about zombies destroying it, it just seems to me there was no centrifuge there at all.

screenshot of full hospital map:

Explored everywhere except bathrooms and one small nook in the kitchen, and there’s no centrifuge. 2 autodocs, though. Never seen 2 autodocs in one hospital before. Possible bug or just unlucky rng seed?

e: second question. Was playing in default city spacing 4, city size 8. For me default cities looked kinda on the small size, and distances between them were short too so I decided to generate a new world, with spacing 6 and size 10. The problem is, I have yet to find a city bigger than 3x2 streets. Any advice on where I went wrong and/or what should I change to actually make a world of big cities which are kinda far from each other? inb4 “set spacing to 0” - I know how to make a megacity world but that’s not what I’m after.

For the first question: no, never seen that happen. Only time I found an hospital without a centrifuge was because a juggernaut had smashed it.
However I’m almost sure that any centrifuge will do, you’ll just have to find another one.

For the other question, the random generation of cities seems to be pretty wild: with standard setting I’ve got anything from cities of 3 houses to 10x10 streets or so.

Has anyone else got this issue of full line of sight inside vehicles , example standing the the back of a security van with the doors closed in full darkness yet i can see all around outside the vehicle walls and those outside can see me inside , tested this in debug with a fresh car and it happens on and off without reason

Is there anyway to know where to put a muffler in vehicle?

1 Like

Put that muffler anywhere you like, the game checks to see if one’s present; its actual location doesn’t matter.

IIRC the muffler location matters somewhat, since it can occasionally spawn smoke you may want to put it on an exterior tile so you don’t accidentally smoke yourself out.

2 Likes

Want to figure is it bug or i make something wrong: when i cooking some recipes, they just dissapear. In game log it says, that i’m start cooking on table, than character put it down and after nothing happens. I can’t even find unfinished meal in inventory or nearby.
I play on latest experimental (10 march)

Since when were Ancient Red Dragons an actual enemy in this?!

Oh did you manage to get out of the basement before you got fried?

Yeah, I passed the corner (have NV goggles for clearing basements) saw it and NOPED right TF out.

It should be on the table. Check all tables adjacent to where you were standing when you cooked.
Also try looking under the table in some circumstances. (e.g. when crafting in a vehicle there may be insufficient space on the workbench, causing the new items to fall out of it and land on the ground under the vehicle).

1 Like

Well, now i know what happened. My little doggy stole my food everytime when i start crafting :laughing:

3 Likes

Wait, so that Red Dragon wasn’t even real!? It said hostile and that it saw me!!! Did I get jebaited?

1 Like

I guess it is from Magiclysm. Either that or you have schizophreny. Erm, you character, I mean :crazy_face: