Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

As seen below focus isn’t hardcapped, but morale gives diminishing returns to focus after a certain point (I think it starts at + 50 morale).

morale

1 Like

This is a great question – and if it works, it would be a great way to maintain a “bug-out box” of specific stuff.

Does the custom filter interpret * as a wildcard? Would “*” be different? I’m 100% on the syntax.

Do muzzle flashes give your position away to turrets?

I was exploring a lab with my flashlight on and caught sight of a turret in a room. I quickly switched my flashlight off and moved to maybe 15 tiles away from where I saw it… but there were no obstacles between me and the turret. Neither me or the turret were lit up at this point.

I began aiming my rifle at the tile I saw the turret on, waited a few turns to steady my aim and took a single shot which hit. The turret opened fire on me on the same turn and damn near blew my chest off.

The only thing I can think that happened was the muzzle flash of my shot gave the turret enough time to take a shot at me… unless they can just fire on a location they predict you’re in. As far as I’m aware their night vision is 4 tiles which I was well out of.

Anyone know what happened?

Turrets can now return fire toward the location that shots (guns/bows) come from if they are damaged. Best to kill them on the first shot if possible (higher caliber weapon or shotgun for example).

Is there additional benefits to morale beyond a certain points (in addition to faster leveling?)

Extremely high morale boosts your stats. It used to be easier to sustain very high morale so both morale stacking and the stat boosts got nerfed. Nowadays it is still reasonable to obtain a small speed boost from morale, and if you try hard enough it is possible to get +1 to perception and maybe intelligence (+1 int needs more morale and is thus harder to achieve than +1 per).

1 Like

Is nomad a bad trait for Bear mutants?

Because if I picked out the nomad trait and decided to hibernate in one spot, I assume that would add negative moral, but I’m unsure. So I wanted to clarify this first before taking any irreversible changes.

I see. Thanks, Vorm.

I don’t understand why, when you have no status indicated for your hunger, so you are basically ‘neutral’, eating some makes you ‘peckish’, which according to my dictionary means ‘a bit hungry (informal)’.

Not logical.

That would mean that the ‘no indication’ state is between ‘hungry’ and ‘slightly hungry’… Sorry, as a non native English speaker, I’m perhaps confused by something you guys understand implicitly, but for me it is not logical.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, it’s not logical to this native english speaker either :slight_smile:

Peckish means ‘a bit hungry’ and it’s being used here to indicate what? That you aren’t completely stuffed and could eat some more of you felt like it? It doesn’t make any sense to me. Never mind, I just ignore it now I know it doesn’t mean what it says - I no longer stuff myself in confusion thinking that the game hunger mechanics are broken.

If “peckish” and <no status> were inversed, the result would make perfect sense: you are hungry, you eat some food, you get peckish. You eat more, now you don’t feel any hunger (no status). You eat even more, you get sated and so on.

1 Like

I can’t find an option anywhere to bury a sealed coffin. I’m playing 0.D stable, maybe the option it’s in the experimental only?

Yes, burying coffins is possible only in the experimentals.

2 Likes

“If “peckish” and were inversed, the result would make perfect sense: you are hungry, you eat some food, you get peckish. You eat more, now you don’t feel any hunger (no status). You eat even more, you get sated and so on.”

Exactly. This is very confusing otherwise!

2 Likes

How do I wash filthy plastic chunks? I was sure I could clean them with the washboard before.
Certain other items don’t seem to be washable either (gas mask, SAPI plates), maybe it’s just a bug idk.

To wash certain items, in your case gas masks & SAPI plates, requires a “Washing Kit”

Yes, I quite agree. But apparently that’s not going to happen because it’s been pointed out many times that it’s confusing and it’s still there .

The way you clean things was changed. Now the washboard only cleans soft items (clothing, etc.). For hard Items (gas masks, etc) you need either a sponge or a rag. If you have a washboard and either a sponge or a rag, you can craft a washing kit which will clean anything.

Trying to reinforce heavy survivor boots.
Tailor’s kit -> “you cannot improve your boots any more this way”.
Soldering iron -> same.
Arc welder -> you need 2 scrap metals but have 0. Okay, got 2 scrap metals, tried again, and… “you cannot improve your boots any more this way”.
WTF am I missing here?

Equipment that is already made with maximum durability in mind can’t be reinforced, as it’s “reinforced by default”, so to speak.
It’s a bit inconsistent as to what is and isn’t considered “reinforced by default”, but that’s the idea.

1 Like