Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

As Junknown said you need a coffin. You could pile up a bunch of wood and burn them like a funeral pyre.

It is, just take into account that from 0,D and onward (since iirc it was the time when fire spread changed) where before it only took to light fire on a couch and then wait 5 minutes to set the entire house ablaze and and it was totally burnt at waiting like an hour, you need to wait like 30 minutes for the blaze to take on, so the best way i found for it, is light a fire in the nearest house to the zombies you want to burn, and then hole up in another house from around 4-5 houses of distance (the distance really doesnt matter as long as the house is inside of your reality bubble).

2 Likes

Okay, cool. Thanks, Ive been sweating over this. I’ve put together so many plans, and none of them look viable. Lol

Is there a run down of the color coding for book recipes? I understand some but not all.

Red = unknown contents
Purple = you don’t have a high enough skill level yet to learn from it
Blue = you can still learn skills from it
Yellow = you can’t learn skills from it but it contains recipies you have yet to memorise
Grey = you’ve learned all you can from it

1 Like

What about brown recipes?
And how can you memorize a recipe, once you have read the book and can’t progress in skills?

Brown recipes require higher skill level to actually attempt crafting them.
You can memorize a recipe by either crafting it (sometimes a few times), or by reading the book (you can keep reading a book that contains unknown recipes).

Is it possible to build a barge to upload your vehicle onto? Like a seperate vehicle that can carry your land vehicle.

Just wanted to clarify this first before I convert my death mobile into a aqua/terra hybrid.

Not really, closest is being able to load a one tile wide vehicle on to a bike rack. Carefully when you do your conversion, heavy vehicles are quite difficult to get floating.

1 Like

What is a good way to breach a metal door? Something as simple as possible.

Pick axe will suffice.

Nice!

Is it possible to select by category in the adv inventory screen? There is no shortcut for it at least.

yep

press s and it will pop up with a list of options and category is one of them :slight_smile:

That’s about sorting, I always sort by category. But that’s not the question, I would like to transfer by category, as per the drop menu.

No, you cannot move an entire category using AIM. Best you can do is press/hold ‘M’ to quickly move a bunch of lines

Ah thanks! Good to know I’m optimizing as best as possible AIM usage :slight_smile:

I’m intrigued by objects with 0% coverage with Bash/Cut resistance. How that would work?

I have a pretty specific question.

When using the custom zone loot sorting filter, can you make a custom loot zone for favorited (*) items only?

The asterisk appears in the name of the favorited item (so it would make sense it would work like renaming an item would) and I’ve tried various combinations for the filter text but loot gets ignored and put in regular spots instead.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

AFIK/iirc, coverage % works as an indicator of blocking chance with the item in that body part ( if you have an armor that encase your whole body and has a coverage of 80%, it means it has a chance of blocking chance of 80% when you are hit, again iirc) so having those items with 0 % of coverage means it will never be used to protect you, doesnt matter the amount of resistance it provides, on the bright side it means it will never be damaged on combat (useful for things like the hairpins)

1 Like

To further clarify what Ragno said above, the reason they have a resistance value at all has more to do with the material they’re made of and the thickness (I think) but the coverage value is a variable that’s more directly alterable. So for things that shouldn’t really block attacks at all just get that 0% applied.

I’m not a coder but this is what I’ve picked up from other people more knowledgeable talk about it.

Quick question, how do you deal with the temperature inside Mi-go encampment/towers? also is the foul-smelling air and temperature caused by one of the plants inside?.