Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

I think if they have the relative skills then yes. If not then they won’t be much help.

So just an advice, if you are using the arcana mod, the mycus tree doesnt let you learn the spells (the one from the pattern scrolls from the arcana mod) the ones from magiclysm are good though.

Oh well, there goes another world

me learning that after reaching post threshold mycus

serveimage

Yes, and it recent experimentals you can set up blueprints and have them do construction jobs for you.

1 Like

How recent we talking here? I’m playing build 9625.

You’re good then. Start some construction tasks, stop working on them, ask your NPCs to do it, and then they will automatically complete all possible construction tasks.

It helps if they have the tools they need in their inventory. Otherwise, they might be too far from the tools, and be unable to finish all the tasks.

I don’t fully recall. I’m away from the game and can’t doublecheck.

1 Like

Did the bullwhip have some changes?, iirc it could be used to almost perma-stun the zombies, but now it doesnt stun them at all

Does anyone know exactly what the scent vision CBM actually does?

Doesn’t it make a cloudy trail of your own scent so that you can know where you’ve been in a breadcrumb fashion and whether or not things that follow scent could follow you?

I read somewhere that it mostly only works on the ASCII and not with tile texture packs. Pretty much useless unless you’re blind IMO.

Another likely dumb question for the pile.

Made a secondary character to change things up a bit, did the Lab patient start as a Volunteer Mutant. I have noticed that a lot of food items are now Red for my character, the ones have mostly made sense as I picked Carnivore and Cannibal together. So the whole field of pumpkins I discovered as part of the lab is useless.

My issue is though that drinks, such as a Lemon Lime soda in a can are also Red and that doesn’t quite make sense to me. Is it because it’s fruit flavored? Or is all soda types and junk food off the table as well?

If it isn’t a purely living flesh creature product then you cannot eat it or it will give you issues. You should be relatively fine though, labs frequently have random human corpses somewhere, mostly near elevators.

You can still have a balanced healthy diet by eating everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING of a creature. The liver, lungs, brain, even the bones should go into broth. I did a carnivorous plant mutant run once. The guy eventually became a cow farmer. Unfortunately he lost his taste for meat when he went full plant. At least rottent meat was still an option so that the literal tons of meat stored in the freezers wouldn’t go to waste.

Sugar comes from plants.

Sugar is also refined.

Corpses, and perhaps jerky from the vending machines? I don’t know, never got hit with carnivore.

If any food in question is made of anything other than meat, you won’t be able to eat it as a carnivore. No dairy, junk food, fruits, or vegetables.

As far as I am aware, alcohol and water are the only exceptions.

Also, I wouldn’t recommend carnivore on a lab start. It’s quite rare to find edible meat, and (in my experiences) one would starve before they escaped.

Mutated limbs and foeti don’t count as safe meat to me, but if you want random new mutations alongside the meal, I guess it is an option.

Spiders are somewhat common in labs, not sure but maybe blob globs counts as meat.

How lightweight do you need to be to mount a horse? i have 47kg and still cant ride it

How high is your survival skill? I think you need to have it at 1 or so in order to ride a horse with a saddle and a bit higher to ride without. Also, you might be carrying 47kg, but is your body at normal or lower weights? I don’t think horses handle fat people well.

Survival lv 3, and normal body weight, and i tried both unsaddle and saddled.
Does the weight that shows on the advanced inventory includes the things you are wearing?

Don’t think so. Try it nude. If it works, put things on until it doesn’t, then you have a max. If no option to do so, then I don’t know what’s happening.

Check your @ screen, you’re probably overweight. If so, you’ll have to go on a diet.

i made a car with a horse (instead of my bike, since no fuel :D)
On another note, in case someone like me, didnt get the memo on how to deal withthe new CBM mechanics
here is the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/cataclysmdda/comments/ciknp0/filthy_and_faulty_cbm/

Summary in case you dont want to charge the link
  1. Salvage CBM from monster
  2. Mend CBM
  3. Clean CBM
  4. Put CBM in autoclave pouch
  5. Put packed CBM in autoclave tool or furniture for 90m
  6. Install as normal.

So yeah exactly what SatAnCapv3 said.

_CBM can be cleaned using a sponge that should spawn in kitchens

_ autoclave pouch spawn in pack of 20 in labs, hospitals and potentially docotr office

_Autoclave can be found as a furniture in above ground labs and can be found as a tool that uses LOTS of power in lans and hospitals

_CBM that spawn on the map are unaffected

_to deal with the faulty thing you need to: i nventory> e xamine> m end it requires fine bolt turning; and fine screwdriving and takes 45mn

1 Like