Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

Pets will heal by themselves at a very slow rate. There is no way to speed up the healing as far as I know.

Thanks! My second horse just disappeared when I dismounted while on downstairs.

If you’ve got Magiclysm, the cure light wounds spell works on pets.

Don’t drink and post, kids.

3 Likes

Not only can you use vehicle builds as walls, but you can use them in other nifty ways too!

Do you like sunlight to grace your face every morning like nature intended but boarding them up takes precedence for protection and now you live like a wannabe troglodite? Well now you can keep sunlight and have far greater window protection than any window construct will ever give you. Simply put together a U shaped construct out of non-see-through parts in front of your windows with the U’s opening pointing at your window and your walls with the open space of the U right next to the window and you’ll have all the sunlight you’ll ever need inside your home. A straight construct with see-through parts should work too but keep in mind that, although your window is protected, zombies and others would then be able to see you through the window. If you prefer to keep your window as a way to get in and out of your home, you can use a hatch in any of the sections that are next to your window and you’ll be able to get in and out from there and still get that sweet, sweet natural light.

Want to breed animals that cannot be tamed? Build enclosures for them with a door, agro them to lure them in, and run outside to shut the doors on them. Eventually they’ll reproduce and you’ll have more of whatever you decided to keep. Giant rattlesnake farm guaranteed! Note that this does not work with creatures that attack vehicle parts, like zombie versions of animals for instance, mostly because they’ll eventually break apart your construct and I doubt zombie animals reproduce anyway.

6 Likes

Anyone know which light-source uses the least electric charge? I’m assuming it’s either the reading light, electric lantern, or lightstrip, but anyone know which?

I want to say it’s the lightstrip. I seem to recall someone saying you trade efficiency for the inability to reload them. I’m bored, let me do some digging…

edit: rating from most efficient to least, Lightstrip (1000 power draw), electric lantern(5000), reading light(6000)
So, lightstrip, hands down. But once you turn on the lightstrip you can’t turn it off, so that’s a thing. BUUUT…Lightstrip has light 4, reading light has light 8 and electric lantern has light 15. All in all, I’d say the lantern is the best combo of versatility/efficiency. I’m so bored…

Anyone know how to compare power_draw vs turns_per_charge? Are cellphone/smartphone lights a better deal?

power_draw is in milliW and turns_per_charge is in seconds/kJ. I think they’re inverse to each other but you may have to do some math to get the units to align.

turns his hat backwards
edit:
http://www.endmemo.com/sconvert/mwkj_s2.php
1000 milliW = 0.001 kJ/s
smartphone seems to give the best return at 150 turns per charge = 1.5 seconds per charge.
I don’t trust my math…I want to say it’s drawing 0.75 kJ/s but I can’t make myself believe it’s that much worse.

edit2:
Damn it, I confused moves and turns again…Thanks to gavin1337 on discord for setting me straight.

Also, turns out I was looking at the smartphone music power values, so…fuck me. I’m leaving this up so you all know how dumb I am sometimes.
Actual power draw is 3000 milliW. But it also has a value of 50 turns_per_charge which confuses the fuck out of me. I’m done. Have headache, no longer bored, am stupid.

1 Like

Why does something like the smartphone flashlight have both values?

"power_draw": 3000,
"turns_per_charge": 50,

Maybe something to do with the UPS functions?

Is there a specific dog harness or armor that I need to use for my Rottweiler? I have a cleaned up Z-9 harness on my person, and I select the option to place it on my dog; but I get the whole “you do not have the yadda yadda” message.

Is there a specific armor I need to use? Is there a particular step that I’m missing?

I haven’t tried to use the Kevlar harness on dogs before, but you can easily craft leather armor for your dog out of a leather vest.

Ah, that makes a certain amount of sense, but why doesn’t the radio have the power draw entry? I’m still confused.

Which type of arrows is the best if it comes to armor penetration? I have wooden bodkin arrows but they are not able to penetrate zombie soldiers’ armor :frowning:

The bodkin arrow has the highest armor penetration. You might need a stronger bow. Which one are you using?

A recurve bow. I have a longbow too but I use a recurve bow due to higher damage

Then without using a compound bow, you’re already at the top of what you can make and use I think.

1 Like

Nope. Greatbows are… just great. Wood and compound versions for both fanatics.

@Wojtek94 Oh and yeah, how in the heck aren’t you damaging z-soldiers with bodkins and a recurve? You should at least take 1 bar of health away with every shot at about 6 tiles range, at least judging from my experience. Are you trying to snipe them? Arrows and bolts seem to lose damage as range gets higher.

there is a big difference between wooden bodkin arrows , and the metal ones. Well, unless you are using the greatbow, you could also use fire arrows, those havent been tampered in anyway, so they arent nerfed (same with the explosive ones, but those are dangerous), if you really like to use the boe, you could also use the expanded archery mod, it adds some neat arrows (like stunning and incendiary arrows)