Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

Yeah, if you got random voices speaking to you, and some rats trying to murder you, leave asap

Pretty much any place with a roof, walls and some space no larger that one overmap tile that is remote from any hostiles hotspot normally becomes my first base.
Cabins, shelters, farmhouses, gas stations, FEMA camps, — anything works. Given options, a location with easy access to lots of rags (to do tailoring) normally gets the priority, but often it’s just whatever I can find before the first night.

FEMA camp is usually a bit busy for a day one survivor, unless you took one of the combat monster professions to start. :smiley:

Eh, not necessarily, if you have a bit of experience. Especially if the camp has a body pit in it, you can usually kite things around it while stabbing them all to death with a stone spear. Lighting a tent on fire would probably serve as a good source of damage or a distraction for the main horde as you pick off stragglers, though I haven’t tried that out for myself yet.

can i use cigarettes to start fires by throwing them?, and if yes, how much time does it needs to start a fire.

I would have agreed previously, but with the low end spears now having the ‘Fragile’ trait you’re going to need an entire stack of them to clear a FEMA camp. They really, really break quickly now.

Lighting the place on fire helps of course - but it degrades its value as a camp somewhat once you’ve burned it all to the ground. :smiley:

I don’t think so. It seems to only be a thing when going to sleep with one in hand.

1 Like

Walling off your base taking up too many materials and too much time?

Look no further than building your walls out of vehicle parts! Cheap, easy, quickly built and strong enough to hold things off until you’re ready for them. Vehicle walls are the way of the future!

But wait! There’s more! If you invest a little time in a lab with a pickaxe you can remove all those pesky metal doors and use their steel plating to make your vehicle walls even stronger! No need to rebuild sections that have been destroyed for days-on-end either. Just use your trusty welder loaded with a car battery or better and you’ll have your wall section rebuilt in no time.

4 Likes

Nothing in FEMA camps usually has good speed or any real ranged capabilities.
So you can just go in, agro everyone, and then lead them away from the camp in one neat little conga line.

Sad that cigarettes dont work that way ºnº, isnt there any mundane item that works like that? (lighting it and throwing it to cause fires).

Doesnt zombie burners spawn on FEMA camps?

they do but their napalm trail is not enough to sustain a line of fire probably

Well there’s the Molotov cocktail, but that depends on your definition of “mundane”

How do we get horse following up/downstairs? My horse followed me into a LMOE but now I can’t get it out.

Never mind it walks onto a rubble and somehow dies? Poor horse!

It probably got cut up by the rubble, I dunno if it will help but next time you could try crafting it some armour.

I’m going to make some horse mail when I have the skill! Fortunately I found another horse this time I’ll keep him from danger for the time being…

Anyone know the full details on how crafting range works? Is there a tile limit; do you always need line of sight; are there special rules for camps, vehicles, zones; is the range for ingredients the same as the range for tools; etc etc?

I only know it’s 6 tile radius.

You can start fires with cigs, throwing/dropping it on flammable stuff will ignite in a few turns.

1 Like

re crafting range: it’s 6 tile radius. LoS is not required but a path is required, including vehicle trunk, furniture, liquid container, etc. Applies to both tool and ingredient.

My question: is there a way to heal pet? Does pet regenerate health on their own?