Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

'E’xamine the direction in which you are trying to climb down.

3 Likes

Ah thanks very much…

Can i control any kind of hack using remote control?

To take over robots I’m pretty sure you need a control laptop. Remote control is for operating vehicles like the RC car and vehicles with teh drive by wire controls (street sweepers have em)

1 Like

So, i can control it using control laptop? Its annoying when you activate grenade hack and it just blow up nearby

I’ve never tried controlling any hacks, seems wasteful when you can use the control laptop for disabling/coopting security bots and turrets. There’s a chance of going rogue every time you activate a turret or hack, just goes with the territory. One of the reasons I don’t mess with em unless I’m desperate. Anyone know if electronics/computers skill reduces the odds of rogue robots?

Yep, both your skill with electronics and computers will reduce the chance of a robot/turret turning on you.

1 Like

Intelligence also helps.

1 Like

What is y’alls favorite building to repurpose into a base?

Lately I’ve liked the storage facility, I think that is the name. It has closeable rooms and can be easily walled off.

There’s been a special place in my heart for Public Works areas over the years because I built my first deathmobile in one. Fire houses are amazing for safe spaces inside a city, but I play with hordes, so I rarely go deep into cities though.

My new favorite playstyle has been RPing the drifter start and sleeping in a tent in the woods or literally just barricading myself in a single room overnight.

1 Like

I have a fondness for the surface floor of labs, they are usually fairly remote from towns, are made from reinforced concrete and sit on top of a whole pile of raw resources.
Recently I’ve been eyeing the fire watch towers (or whatever they are called) and also been considering trying to repurpose one of the passenger plane crash site into a base.

I like farms, personally. Not for any security reasons, but just because they look good and I find it very thematic to try and start a farm after the end of the world. I also have a fond place in my heart for that one half-built log cabin in the woods that I took the time to finish building.

I think I’ll always like horse ranches since that’s where my first long lived character started off & was based out of. I’m starting to warm up to survivor camps you build yourself but am still fairly new to them.

I sometimes live in caves.

Farms, gunstores and cabins are my goto’s. I once had a large community set up inside of one of those fully walled in apartment complexes, but that USB drive died in the sun.

Farmhouses are great early shelters, as they are generally easy to clear and you usually see very few wanderers while you are there - no basement, but you usually don’t need one.

I’ll frequently set up temporary camps in a small house in whatever area I’m working in, in a town, and if the wanderers are really bad, I’ll set up in a basement temporarily.

Setting up a temporary workspace in a garage or firehouse is ideal while working on a vehicle - but honestly I usually have good enough gear by the time I’m doing that that I’ll just clear several blocks around and work out in the street.

But for he most part I don’t build static bases past the point where I can get an armored vehicle working. An APC can take so much more punishment than almost any building.

Im also fond of the public works building, havent seen one in ages though. Cabins are nice but often i will just hole up in a house on the edge of a city after i clear the nearby zeds.

What inductive cbm charger do?? Its recharge an artifact or what?

Out-of-town start, because usually most starts in town end with me either dying from a horde hiding in the darkness or having my base overran by wander spawns/ zombies looking for noise/smell.

However out of town all you have to worry about is: 1. Shelter 2. Water 3. Food
Setting up in a cave is the exact same as setting up in an lmoe shelter, and you can usually get to (if not faster) endgame with the same means, the only sacrafice you make is having most of your equipment be stationary and immobile. You can easily grab clothing items from corpse spawns too, which aren’t rare and super easy to find with the automarker enabled (ruins the fun a lil’ bit tho).

But yeah, if I’m in town it’s almost 100% a high density housing because of the strong windows, multiple levels that include a basement for keeping food warm, and usually a water tank on top for storing clean/dirty water, and batch crafting for liquids and storing those batch crafted liquids.

Cave is very good. I used to dig my own cave in favorable location in later-game. If you link the cave to subway tunnel you can even commute in car.

Some caves though are already inhabited(which never happens to LMOE). I was once killed by a mutant living down there.