Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

NPCs will not cross a trapped space, so just drop a nailboard in the doorway and you’re good.

2 Likes

As Manatar said. I had one character who always carried caltrops and I find they have the same effect. So any dangerous tile should suffice, including broken windows.

1 Like

A bunch of recipes require a “long stick”, but as far as I can see that can only be gotten from disassembling such items. Most of these recipes allow for an alternative, but steel spear and homemade halfpike will only accept a long stick.

How do you obtain one then?

1 Like

Go outside and smash young trees.

What trigon said, you can also cut down trees for a lot more than just a young tree, if you need more than just one or two. Just make sure to chop trunks to logs.

1 Like

People always talk about mutations vs bionics, why shoudnt you just use both of em?

1 Like

There’s no downsides to using both. Often bionics can help cover the weaknesses you can develop through mutations.
|
|
|
Anyone know if it’s possible to make a vehicle large enough to not take damage for being inside while being a freakishly huge abomination?

3 Likes

I don’t think so. I believe it’s simply a state of being inside a vehicle. I think you can avoid it by not having roofs, but it’s been so long since I played a freakishly huge character that I can’t remember.

1 Like

Are there buildings that spawn without roads and the such? If so, could I get a list or something of the sorts? Manik would really appreciate it to get out of her sorta dark age of not really progressing anywhere…

Is there a mod that changes forests’ spawn in the way that they are much bigger than in a vanilla version?

1 Like

Nope, but somewhere in the regional settings, I saw this:

"num_forests": 250,
        "forest_size_min": 15,
        "forest_size_max": 40,
        "swamp_maxsize": 4,
        "swamp_river_influence": 5,
        "swamp_spread_chance": 8500,

Maybe it is doable in .json, but I never tried that :confused:

2 Likes

Is duct tape removed from craftables? Trying to make survivor gear in the wilderness rn…

{
    "result": "lsurvivor_armor",
    "type": "recipe",
    "category": "CC_ARMOR",
    "subcategory": "CSC_ARMOR_TORSO",
    "skill_used": "tailor",
    "difficulty": 5,
    "skills_required": [ "fabrication", 6 ],
    "time": 120000,
    "autolearn": true,
    "using": [ [ "sewing_standard", 60 ] ],
    "tools": [ [ [ "welder", 18 ], [ "welder_crude", 27 ], [ "soldering_iron", 27 ], [ "toolset", 27 ] ] ],
    "components": [
      [ [ "rag", 15 ] ],
      [ [ "coat_rain", 1 ] ],
      [ [ "chestrig", 1 ], [ "legrig", 1 ], [ "vest", 1 ], [ "tool_belt", 1 ], [ "ragpouch", 2 ], [ "leather_pouch", 2 ], [ "dump_pouch", 1 ], [ "purse", 1 ], [ "fanny", 1 ] ],
      [ [ "duct_tape", 150 ] ],
      [ [ "kevlar", 1 ], [ "modularvest", 1 ], [ "swat_armor", 1 ], [ "kevlar_plate", 16 ] ]
    ]
  },
  {
"result": "pants_survivor",
"type": "recipe",
"category": "CC_ARMOR",
"subcategory": "CSC_ARMOR_LEGS",
"skill_used": "tailor",
"difficulty": 6,
"skills_required": [ "fabrication", 5 ],
"time": 70000,
"autolearn": true,
"using": [ [ "sewing_standard", 100 ] ],
"components": [
  [ [ "pants_army", 1 ], [ "pants_cargo", 1 ], [ "shorts_cargo", 1 ] ],
  [ [ "kevlar", 1 ], [ "modularvest", 1 ], [ "kevlar_plate", 12 ] ],
  [ [ "rag", 12 ] ],
  [ [ "chestrig", 1 ], [ "legrig", 1 ], [ "vest", 1 ], [ "tool_belt", 1 ], [ "ragpouch", 4 ], [ "leather_pouch", 2 ], [ "dump_pouch", 1 ], [ "purse", 2 ], [ "fanny", 2 ] ],
  [ [ "duct_tape", 100 ] ]
]
  }

Yes, most piece of survivor armors still needs duct tapes to craft…

1 Like

Is Blazemod worth having? Is it too OP? hate to have a easy game with it, CDDA is all about beening hardcore.

Doesn’t look like it, but you need to learn it from a book. The list is as follows:

DIY Compendium (level 3)
chemistry textbook (level 3)
Advanced Physical Chemistry (level 3)
Mechanical Mastery (level 5)

So if you’re doing a pure wilderness run you’ll find that quite challenging to do unless you get very lucky. If not I prioritize school raids since the chemistry textbook is always a godsend and I basically always find one while looting a school.

Well, you can also just START with fabrication (3). It’s a great skill to start with anyway, sooo many recipes you want ASAP.

1 Like

Where is the engine on an APC? I pressed “M” on every piece of the vehicle, but it tells me there are no faulty engine parts, but I still have trouble starting it sometimes due to faulty engine parts…

I actually didn’t know that it was unlocked automatically by starting at fabrication 3. That’s a great tip.

Can I make NPCs read a book without sitting there and reading it with them?

EDIT:

Also, do power storage CBMs spawn anywhere but as butchery loot from zombies? I’d really like to get at least one, but I’m working under a self-imposed ban on butchered bionics, this game.

(A butcher knife and a rotting, transdimensional space ooze-parasite infested corpse that I just put a bunch of holes in just doesn’t seem like a good source of precision-manufactured electronics.)

1 Like

Labs and some electronics shops stock CBMs, pretty sure you can get power ones from those so I’d start looking there.

2 Likes