Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

Something’s screwy in current experimental, I updated last night and played a new character for about a half hour this morning, and I ran into a town that was a four-way intersection with no buildings, and one square patch of dirt randomly in a field off to the northeast.

1 Like

I have a question about the current rev of the experimental. Well actually the most recent updates that is.
I have been playing for about a year now learning the game. I have tried movement with the basic keys and with the numb pad. I found that i have really liked utilizing the arrow keys for up, down, left, and right and then shift + up for NE, shift + left for North West, shift + down for South West, and shift + right for South East.
I try and keep the game update pretty frequently and am currently on the version around 8604 or before (about 10-13 days before). I recently updated and the shift + arrow keys for diagonal movements is no longer implemented. Also, since i am unsure as to how its registered in the keybinds (which the versions appear exactly the same with the old and new), i dont know how to re-enable this.
Is this going to come back? A setting i can change? or something else?

Thank you!

2019-03-22_16-53

⁽ ´◡`⁾

2 Likes

Holy crap. Well thats why i missed it xD i was focused on keybindings. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

did they get rid of genetic chaos?

1 Like

Just checked with most recent update and it’s still there as a starting trait. You gave me a scare lol.

Doing another lab run and having a weeee bit of a problem. Is there any way to destroy a concrete wall or metal door with a homewrecker? I’ve gotten Extremely strong from mutations but 10 strength doesn’t seem to be enough. Need either a way to break a wall or kill a turret and all options seem closed to me atm. Mutagen lab lacking rat mutagen spawns unfortinatly and I don’t think there’s enough food in here to learn to cook it myself.

1 Like

It depends on the situation, if you can craft EMP grenades that will do the trick, if you can target it from 13+ tiles away you can plink at it with a ranged option or worst comes to worst you can use pieces of funiture that block line of sight to bypass it entirely.

1 Like

Is there a recipe for solder at all? I could probably work an emp grenade together if there was any solder to be found anywhere. What ranged weapons penetrate turret armor?

1 Like

Not that I know of but labs usually have stuff you can take apart to get solder, iirc broken computers will have it or parts you can take apart that will have it.

Sadly, no. But you can easily find solder in houses, electronic stores, garages. Or by breaking up some stuffs. You will have more than you can use, trust me.

Not an option. Lab starts start locked inside with a turret by the door out. Managed to use a radio to lure the grenadier out of the barracks though and managed to play hide n seek with the manhacks and second grenadier inside the barracks armory.

No recipe for solder, but you can still get some by dissembling any electronics you found in the lab.

Alternatively If you broke into the barracks there is a good chance you found some heavy duty weapons that could deal with the turret.

Is there a way to lock doors against Npc’s? Got some mutant hunters around my LMOE Shelter and I’m worried they’ll come down and mess me up despite the metal door. Z levels are on.

1 Like

yo whats a mutant hunter?

Got a bunch of well armed and armored NPC’s outside who attack me on sight. It’s a common mutant problem if your not well armed enough for them to flee instead of go for the kill.

1 Like

bruh imagine growin gills only for some stalker lookin ass comin to yo door

2 Likes

No way to do that, I’d love it though as it would stop random NPC’s from taking stuff from my base while I’m away. to quote as a very old comment from some rando “Why would you need locked doors? The NPC’s would just smash them open and you would have to replace them”. I guess it kinda makes sense…

Just trap it up in there too

I have forgotten - what terrain lets you get the bonus from a bipod?

There is no way lock doors yet. Currently the closest replacement is barricading the entrance with a bookshelf/locker/vehicle frame and board.

1 Like