Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

Even if you maxed up the NPC dynamic spawn, they are still rarer (but will show up more often than before ofc)

1 Like

Thanks! I like the idea of them being rare, but at some point I do want someone to show up at random, declare that I’m in their territory, hold me at gunpoint for my lighter, and then eat it :wink:

1 Like

Just got the “Common Cold” in game. I’ve taken some cough syrup but other than that I’ve been doing what I normally would do IRL… hang out in the house and eat/drink stay warm. Do I have to wait 5 in games day for it to go away?

1 Like

Not too sure, current player is healthy AF, usually it goes away after sleeping and taking cough syrup from my one experience with it though.
Wondering if I should make a separate topic for outdoor survival, not sure how long it will be, however, I’ve only survived about 23 days outside in the spring, but I’ve learned enough to know how to make a guide for outdoor survival for C:DDA.

They will spot you from peeking, but most of the time they will forget about you after a couple of turns. I would suggest moving away from the stairs into another room, as if you’re right next to the stairs, the bots can still “see” you if they are on the stairs, or are nearby.

1 Like

by the couple rounds i was already screwed. Imma be more careful from now on.

1 Like

Yup (Charlimit of 20)

I have discovered that you can just delete/rename/move specific sound files from a soundpack to make them not play without making the game glitch. Getting rid of the “clear obstacle” sound (that plays, among other things, when walking over tall grass) makes sound-enabled play much more enjoyable.

Is there anyway to get fabrication 5 without a book? Constructing cupboards and deconstructing them isn’t working anymore, and I need it to make a rock forge…

The wooden wheel thingamabob.

Banded or just wooden? I guess I could go crash and corpse hunting for batteries and more loot too.

What is the end-game bashing weapon? I’m using the L-Stick from a corpse group of lab people; is that the last step to the staff bashing “tree”?

Is there anyway reliable way to run an animal down? I’m using a composite bow since it the highest archery weapon I can have right now, and was just dusted by a bobcat that I was hunting. Should I just use the last of my wooden arrows to grind out to archery 3 or until I can make a longbow?

If I recall correctly, banded wheels are for getting fabrication up to 5/6.

Quarterstaff and family are pretty great bashing weapons. A real mace and a sledgehammer have the highest bash damage, but the way bashing damage is calculated makes it so that you will almost never be able to use them at full power unless you have godlike stats, at which point you don’t really need them. The L-Sitck is from PK’s and I honestly found it kind of underwhelming for a weapon but that may be just me.

Hunting on animals that don’t run on sight like bears, wolfs and dogs is the best way to go.

2 Likes

I believe the wooden tonfa has better damage-per-second than the l-stick.

I’ve been wondering if it would be possible to set up barbwire fencing to funnel deer and other animals into a kill zone.

Personally I if I can’t find predatory animals, I find ants or roaches for fresh meat.

1 Like

Maybe deep pits filled with glass in the middle of a field, the coral them into it?

Can you place tent or large tent on a vehicle? Like a big wooden floating platform?)

Nope. It doesn’t (and if it does, then :heart: it)

1 Like

Is something wrong with city generation since the 0.D release? Starting a new world at default values gives me one very small city near the starting location and VERY widely spaced mini-cities. I mean they’re so small that they consist of 1-4 houses and one random building. Raising the city size to 12 gets the starting city to a decent (but still smaller than expected) size, but the tiny outlying city problem persists.

3 Likes

Just some small towns are legitimatly that small in real life so not seeing what your problem is. Some cities are huge, some cities are small, some “cities” are small towns.

Not sure about the existence of one house cities in real life, professor, but that doesn’t have much to do with how cities are generated in this game. Again, is anyone else running into this issue?

1 Like