So, after about 3 or even 4 years since the first time I played Cata, I have finally made it into the lab, Yay for me. So I was rather excited, and I’m glad labs are so big. It’s fun exploring them.
But as I have discovered mutagen, bionics and other stuff that I really never really had a chance to play with, there’s a few questions I have.
Mutagen, I’m specifically thinking of going for Alpha for the overall basic but powerful bonuses, and Medical because it’s Medical.
- WIll it be difficult to get most of the positive mutations from both of those categories before breaking a threshold in one of them?
- Which one is better post-threshold wise? I do have Robust Genetics on my char.
- So, I’ve already found an autodoc and installed a single Power Storage mk II, and it’s apparently impossible to craft Power Storages now. Is it at least possible to upgrade PS to their mk II variants?
- How about anestesia, can you craft it?
- Do surgeons require you to have anestesia too?
Shoggoths. I freed one because I remembered reading they are ridiculously hard to kill. Because I didn’t know they absorb stuff and even split when absored enough, I have at least 2 now. Three if the second one absorbed the arrows I’ve shot at it. I was wondering how to kill it, since I’m absolutely not leaving the lab until they are dead.
My Archery is 10, Marksmanship is 8, my Unarmed is 6, and Melee is 5. Nothing else is substantial. I cannot try to kill it with my fists since my character has only 2 Dodge and its attacks hurt but I have full Heavy Survival gear on. The arrows do better, about 35-40 per each, thing is I cannot whittle it down when it’s coming for me and moving away will give it time to regen. So my idea was to try bear traps ( and traps in general ) to slow/help whittle it down, but I’m not sure if they work on Shoggoths.
Basically, I should be able to kill it if it’s slowed enough and far away from me, with maybe a little outside DPS.