Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

I tried the emp blast bionic on cyborg prototypes, but so far (4 cyborgs) it just seems to fry and kill them.

I’ve tried the EMP blast bionic as well, and found there’s about 10% chance of scrambling the prototype (or, for that matter the robotic weapons platforms found elsewhere), 10% chance of an instant kill, and 80% chance of serious damage without scrambling (requiring a second attack to kill the target). Note that the serious damage happens even when you manage to get a scrambling hit in.
For prototypes this was done via save scumming to find out if it was even possible (playing 0.F-0).

1 Like

How do you use explosives well? They seem too be capable of doing a lot of damage (pipe bomb are very good at taking out fungle towers) but are also potentially very dangerous too you. They destroy loot and have a time delay so you need to gues where enemies will be when the explosive goes off.

Was Control laptop recipe completely removed from the game, or it still can be found in lab journals?
The lack of reliable information on this game is kinda frustrating sometimes.

Throwing it as far as you can is a must, the further the safer. Cover is my favorite go to. enter a room, chuck it in. Close the door (preferable a steel or tempered glass door) and viola, no more problems. Probably best to use them on either very powerful or overwhelming enemies. Damaged loot would be inevitable, that’s why it best to save them for when absolutely necessary.

4 Likes

The control laptop has been completely removed from the base game, there is no way to obtain it anymore without using mods like Aftershock.

1 Like

Is there some kind of up-to-date source of info on CDDA? Wiki is outdated, same as item browser

is there something in the base (0.F-2) game (preferably craftable) that shoots steel rails?

Best I can recommend are either the discord, forums or github if ya need current infomation. That or trial and error.

https://nornagon.github.io/cdda-guide/
This looks like up-to-date source of info on current experimental build, but still, thanks for answering.

Another nooby question - I have found a combat exoskeleton in mint conditon, just laying on the ground near radio station in the woods, few tiles away from mi go encampment, killed maybe 10 mi gos before that. I dont have UPS cbm, so exosceleton gives me 50 encumberance when I wear it. I play latest stable 0.F2, ultica tileset, when I wear inactive exoskeleton - my char looks naked, is this normal? It is very strange to find end game armor just like that.

Also, much earlier, I have found a power armor hauling frame, and I can wear it with exoskeleton now, but I dont understand - what it does?

Since I can wear it, power armor = exoskeleton?

I really think that this should be explained clearer in the game, since finding info somwhere else is so difficult.

1 Like

I have found a railgun template in random weapon store, so yeah, I bet there is a machine that can construct a railgun using that template somewhere. Finding this machine is another question, though.

3 Likes

You can search github source code directly, e.g search for “healthy”:
https://github.com/search?p=3&q=%22healthy%22+user%3ACleverRaven&type=Code

I usually try and train Throwing up to 3, just to be reasonanly sure I won’t drop a bomb at my feet.
After that, “X” is your friend: you can activate a grenade, use X to peek over a corner, and throw the bomb from there. Took out 4 CROWS turret this way, zero risks, 5.000+ 5.56 bullets!

it says “there’s nothing there to smash”, so no

I mean “furniture” rocks. The ones you can’t pick up.

Not every tile has a picture to go with it yet, this is probably one of them, so I would say normal.

I believe that is a fancy power armor backpack, so you can carry stuff with you while being naked in the power armor itself.

UPS is also a heavy battery item, you can get them from electric jackhammers. I am pretty sure you just need a charged UPS in your inventory to be able to (activate) the Exoskeleton. Or maybe they changed it so you reload it into the skeleton, haven’t played much in .F yet. I think the UPS interface you are talking about works the opposite, it will allow you to charge your internal CBM batteries from the exoskeleton UPS battery, not the other way around.

UPS is another thing in this game that gives me more questions than answers.
I happen to have a fully charged 7000 ups jackhammer in my deathmobile, but i cant Unload the battery from it, when I get the jackhammer in my hands and try to activate the exoskeleton - it does not work.
When I try to recharge any ups powered item by vehicle recharger just by putting said item in the tile with recharger - nothing happens, it does not work.
If ups cbm does not power ups devices - my mind is full of fuck. Again.

I just hope devs will make item descriptions much clearer in new versions, when they create some game mechanics - it can be obvious for them, but not so much for people who play the game.

Putting the jack hammer into a trunk with a RECHARGING STATION, not BATTERY CHARGER, should work. Make sure the recharging station is turned on using vehicle controls. Battery chargers are far more common then recharging stations, you may have to make your own. The recipe is in high level electronic books.

You will have to dismantle the jack hammer to get the UPS battery out. But once it is out, you should be able to load the UPS into the suit.

Tried it again, and yeah, my bad, recharging station does recharge UPS devises, last time I tried my recharging station was just off.
Also, I happen to have a UPS in among tons of stuff in my vehicle, and now I found out that I can reload it with heavy batteries, like any other battery using device.
So now I am able to activate my exoskeleton, but I cant see any changes after I do, it just eats charge from the UPS very rapidly. I mean my encumberance and speed are the same, my strength (16, btw) is the same. Strange.

my question was specifically about a pick-up-able item called “large rock”. I know how to deal with boulders.