Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

I noticed my NPC follower say how he wished that my vehicle was a convertible, so I removed the roof above his seat, hopefully that resolves him complaining every 10 minutes or so about not fitting.

and now you lose twice more fuel to air drag :stuck_out_tongue:

You need some cash on a cash card. Then examine the grocery bot to purchase some ‘friendship’ (~0.10 per min). Not sure if its worth the cost, though.

On another note, after crops (terrain, unharvested) freeze in winter, do they rot and if so, do they drop seeds? I’ve come across way too many corn farms…

was the duct tape recipe removed? I remember being able to craft it, but now it seems that there’s no way to do that

I asked essentially the same question not too long ago in this thread: no answer…

@Shieldwall I’ve got it in several books in 0.F stable, which may or may not still be valid for experimental, but I wouldn’t expect it to have been removed, as it’s a rather essential item.

I’m playing stable, so it shouldn’t be a problem. Although, I’ve checked json files for recipes and didn’t find one that crafts it. Weird.

wrt winter and crops, I’m just at the end of a summer, so no clue :slight_smile: I’ve managed to turn an entire field of corn into cornmeal, should get me through the winter

It’s says that’s version 0.E. Although, I don’t have any of the listed books, so we’ll see, I guess.

I am playing on the 0.F stable and I can’t seem to find Arcana mod on the base game. I was hoping to try a non vanilla run.

The ones I have:

• chemistry textbook
  • Advanced Physical Chemistry
  • DIY Compendium
  • Mechanical MAstery

It can be noted that “stable” actually isn’t fixed, if I understand things correctly. Things are being back ported and the executable downloaded changes to reflect that, I believe. However, I wouldn’t expect this kind of change to be back ported (and I doubt the recipe has been removed without introducing a replacement).

Just checked in the latest experimental.
Duct tape recipe is still there, still the same.

How do you make an automatic tractor do something useful?

I’ve found an automatic tractor, and I can drive it around using the remote control CBM. However, that’s pretty useless, as you need to be able to control the plow, harvester and seed drill to actually have it do something. The plow isn’t lowered (no furrows appear while driving on grass), with the status for the other tools being unknown.

I’ve tried “control one action” remote control, with the response that there is nothing to control, and I’ve tried to control it manually from inside it, again without anything that can be controlled. RC control "press button does nothing (as expected).

I tried to tow the thing back to “base”, but my electric car was too weak to pull it on grass, suggesting that this small thing thinks the plow is actually engaged when pulled.

If you want automatic farming then just get an npc to do it for you.

I’m currently more interested in getting the thingie to work than in putting it to any actual work (I haven’t set up a base yet (waiting for the possible future where my version gets accepted), and I think it’s too late in the year for planting anyway).

Maybe try add a normal dashboard and controls to it.

I was considering that. I’ll probably do that (I’ve hauled it back to “based” with a tow truck).

Edit: After experimenting, I’ve found that what’s needed is a dashboard, and it has to be mounted in the same tile as the robot controls to be available for remote control.

How do i make my graphical overmap colored. I followed the instructions, i moved the fonts.json to the config folder. My overmap is white all-over.

is there a way to grow things in winter? Like a greenhouse or something?

I believe you can use planters underground, but I haven’t tried. However, you encounter houses where pot is grown in the basement, and so it’s cut off from seasonal variations.

It should, in principle, be possible to grow stuff above ground in greenhouses if you use a vehicle heater (or several), and quite possibly artificial light, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t work (and it’s probably better to do it underground anyway).