Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

No. Other than obvious things like telescopic eyes removing vision mutations there is no direct barrier to mixing CBM’s with mutations. You would want to carefully watch the log info when taking mutagen to see what messages you get. Sometimes (usually if you already have a bunch) you will get no effects or one will upgrade then downgrade putting you back to your original state. It should all be listed in the log. Hit ‘P’ to see a longer version of the log to make sure.

Ive tried it a few times and it doesnt seem to do anything at all, I checked the logs and my character sheet but they dont do anything. ive tried updating to the newer versions but it still doesnt work. it might have something to do with starting as a super soldier, ill have to check.

How quickly do corpses rot, and how does this affect the freshness of butchery products? It sometimes seems like it’s a good idea to leave meat in a corpse for a bit to preserve it, but I’m not sure about that.

I don’t know for sure, but I think the decay sets in when the corpse is created, and is carried over to the products you get from butchering it. The rate at which corpses rot depends on the temperature, so you have to be quicker to get as much out of them as possible in the summer than in the winter. Also, I think the time it takes for a corpse to be revived isn’t dependent on the temperature, so you’d want to butcher anything that’s large enough to be revived before that.
Putting the products into cold storage as soon as possible extends their shelf life as well.

From my experience, it seems that a corpse begins rotting as soon as all its parts begin rotting. For zeds, most of the parts (meat, blood, fat) do so in four hours, which is about the time it took them to begin rotting.

1 Like

Protip: how to quickly pick up just a single item from them bloody wallets:

• stand near the wallet
  • 'w’ield, select the item (it’s usually at the end of the list so just press uparrow and look for it there)
  • 'w’ield again, select the item again (now it should be the very first one, no keypresses needed), ‘store in inventory’
1 Like

this would actually save me from hours of dropping pointless paper moneys

I just discorvered batch crafting…
I have wasted irl DAYS!

also does anyone now why my cable charger system isnt working? my vehicle has way too many batteries and 5 or 6 minireactors running.

Your cable charger shuts down at the same time as your torsion ratchet does, i.e. when you’re fully charged. If you have something active (i.e. some continuous charge consumption) engaging it again later will top up the charges and then disconnect. It may be possible to change the setting for the charger to not automatically disconnect when full (I’ve never used one, so I don’t have first hand experience, but other things can have their settings changed to not disable themselves automatically).

guys i have a bite wound(indicating blue); just early game now. But in description it is not saying infected, just nasty bite wound. So i am confused, if i should just wait it out or cauterize the wound?

Deep wounds become infected after some time if you don’t cauterize/disinfect them so do it ASAP.
e: I think it’s obvious but anyway: if you have antiseptic, use it instead of cauterizing. Pain is the #1 death reason.

Hey thnx man, i think I’ll take my chances and cauterize it as i donot have any antiseptic atm

Finding antiseptic shouldn’t be extremely hard

Though I guess the pain can make it a lot harder to reach the pharmacies and ambulances

A bunch of questions dealing with (player, not character) migration from 0.E2 stable to 0.F Stable:

• ‘^’ to start vehicles doesn’t seem to work in 0.F, while I just tested it in 0.E2 stable. The binding appears to be there, but nothing happens when pressing it twice (a single press does nothing, as the character is gobbled up by the OS in preparation for creation of a composite character, such as ‘ô’). In 0.E2 stable the second press cause a menu to appear to ask me if I wanted to stop driving, but nothing at all happens in 0.F, despite there being a prompt to use ‘^’. The vehicles I’ve tried to control in 0.F may not be possible to start, but I believe I’d get that as a feedback if it doesn’t work.
  • The container inventory system is very confusing, in particular when trying to get canned goods back from a companion, as I so far have failed to get anything but the contents back, which obviously isn’t what I want. I’ve had better luck with dropping PC carried stuff, where I’ve now managed to drop the container most of the time.
  • More container management: How do I get stuff out of the pocket of a piece of worn clothing and get it stuffed elsewhere in preparation for dropping the clothing? I’ve worked around the issue by dropping the item, then the clothing, and then picking up the item again, but that’s obviously not a very practical way of handing the issue.

Select chosen container, 'i’nsert, select stuff you want to put into it.

1 Like

Another 0.F transition question: How do I get hold of something to use in fires when I haven’t got any axe?
Previously it was possible to roam and pick up stout branches and carry those home, but now it’s possible to carry only a single one in your hands (at least with the backpack I was very lucky to find). I’ve used Survival to pick pine boughs, which are useful to some extent when it comes to boiling water for purification, but they’re used up quickly. Is there a good way, or is that essentially what you’ve got to do until you can get logs?

You can:

1. tie 10 branches up with a short string/wire and carry that
  2. drop them on the floor and haul (and (1) once you have 10)
  3. get a golf bag
  4. get a shopping cart
2 Likes

oh, the almigthy golf bag
can’t wait to see it nerfed
(for a second I was going to say “other backpacks buffed to reasonable lengths” but let’s be honest, it’s not gonna happen)

Is there a lore reason for why ordinary home type locations have big hordes of zombies rather than numbers you’d expect from the family living there?

I’m thinking of a 0.F stable basement that had over a dozen and quite possibly over a score, of mixed monsters (zombies and something called plague carriers), as well as a farm with a house where half a dozen zombies roamed around the place, another half dozen broke out of the side doors of the barn when provoked enough by noise, and then, when the pulley for the door was opened, the remaining ones stood 3 layers deep.

I’ve also seen the 0.E2 stable farms with a stable with animals that are slaughtered at the moment you approach (some cats could survive), that spewed out about a dozen zombies breaking through windows and doors, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it had been increased to two dozen by 0.F…
It would make more sense if this latter location contained the zombies of a small number of humans (a family plus a farm hand at the most) and the revivified zombies of the animals that once were stabled there (if large enough: it should spawn the bodies of smaller animals, with a decay timer starting at the apocalypse), rather than having the animals frozen alive in stasis together with the zombies until the PC arrives. Unlike the case where you come upon a scene where animals are attacked from (presumably just arrived) zombies from the outside, this scene has all the actors locked in together since the humans died.