Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

Vortex stones are the only things there that are situationally useful in vanilla (summons a vortex).
Unless you are playing with some of the mods that make spiral and vortex stones more useful than that is usually the most disappointing mine finale. Especially since spiral rooms are guaranteed below every mine anyway if you really wanted to see one.

How many days does it take to heal a broken leg? I have used a leg splint. This is day 4 and not much progress in sight… During sleeping character feels pain in leg and it is very cold for him without a reason

Depends on your healing factor, which is determined by your healthiness and mutations. Without mutations affecting it and in the utmost of healthiness it should be mended in a week or so iirc, and will still need to heal to full after mending. I think the cold can be attributed to bad health. An unhealthy character will take much longer to mend the limb.

With the mythical martial arts styles, is there a way to get Ki strike without taking it at chargen?

I found a MMA book that was about storms or whatever, I might try it out later. But it raised the question of whether or not it can be learned, as, as it stands my martial arts damage leaves some to be desired.

Even with 22-33 in all my stats I manage to do 88-ish damage on crits, with 11 melee and 8 unarmed.

Of course I’ll get to 11 but the damage with the vanilla MA styles are not as great as a wide swing Lucerne hammer or run through with a pike.

I believe you can debug it in under the mutate menu.

Since when plutonium generators yield an actual plutonium instead of plutonium fuel cells?

Special attack ‘EAT_FOOD’. What does it mean? I have seen that a bear has this ability

My character actually has “Special attack ‘EAT_FOOD’”, when he gets near any kind of chocolate. It causes some weight gain issues, but then the calorie system we all deal with needs improvement.

Oh wait, thats me in real life, not the game. Sorry I don’t know.

3 Likes

If a monster with EAT_FOOD stumbles upon your stash of food they will help themselves to a snack. They don’t deliberately seek tiles with food yet.

1 Like

That’s no fun.
No reward, no satisfaction. If I was OK on doing that I’d just debug it.

This is probably going to sound kind of weird or dumb, but is there a way to eat with silverwear? Like, can I activate a plate to set it on a table and then eat stuff beyond pretending? Just thought that’d give eating more dimension or something lol

Having the rigid tablemanners trait gives a morale buff if you eat with a table if I remember correctly, but I don’t know if you need a plate, etc.

unless something changed, no you dont need any kind of plates or silverware

Does the archery “overhaul” affects only the arrows or the archery skill?, since the slingshot uses pebbles as ammunition

So found a canoe in basement. Can’t haul it up. Any idea how to get it up without disassembling em?

Unless it is foldable, and I very much doubt so, there’s no way to do it in-game.

1 Like

Yeah I had same question a while ago seems a bit silly to have them spawn with no way to get them out…well no realistic way IRL ya would just drag it up but in game suppose you will need to dissasemble it ETC.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be long before you can do that in experimental. Vehicle z-level transitions are working, and there are ramps now, thanks to mlangsdorf’s new bridge code.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. The ramps were so cool. Oh and having climb the roofs really helps too.

Spiked cube of forbidden horror, any idea what does it do? I wanna know cause I don’t wanna let my character die after all that Amigra-sht trouble lmao.

Also wanna know if this string of code or is it gibberish? If it’s a code, any idea what it is?

I never saw Amigara Horrors in-game but I heard they are the most dangerous monster there is, even deadlier than shoggoths. So you probably should find some lava and throw the cube into it. Just to be sure.

e: on account of what it does, you can open artifacts.gsav in your world folder and look for activation, passive and wielded effects. Links to effect lists can be found here.

1 Like