Tips, Tricks and Newb Questions: Reborn!

i dare to say, is the active mission guide marker

Got it, I knew I saw it turn one and off before. Thank you.

Getting Chains from bicycle foot pedals was very good advice. Would have wasted a great deal of time not knowing that.

2 Likes

The real issue with shredders is the insane amount of blades they need, though!
Not too many ways to get them, either. I usually just spend an hour forging a blade when I have to wait for a bit (like, waiting to get tired to sleep at night). Pretty much the same I do with napalm.

If you can get to a hardware store in a town, I’ve found they normally have at least 1 or 2 mowers in the back, fenced off section where you normally find bricks, cement and other goodies. That’s a good jumpstart on the pile of blades you need for your shredder.

1 Like

I am making a small sized car and only need 4 shredders. I made about 12 blades a day for 3 days. I think it will be worth it with time saved not having to melee everything down.

Yep, I use a modified APC as a mobile base/deathmobile, but shredders work really well anyway I think: just wait for an horde someplace where you have room to manouver and just hit them at 24-32 km/h. The damage for the vehicle is minimal (as long as you avoid hitting walls, other vehicles, etc.) but the shredders really make short work of just about any enemy even at such low speed!

I confess, I don’t really actively use my vehicle as a weapon, if I do add a weapon, it’s usually either a layer of Rams or a layer of Spikes on the front to more act as an insulating layer against any unfortunate impacts than anything

128=32*4. Shredder says 500% damage. Does not compute, neither if it is total result value nor if it’s just an increased part of it.

My own question: do you have to start new character to get achievements? Or, in other words, can an old char get achievements which were added after (s)he was made?

Maybe you can try to enable achievements via the debug menu if they aren’t active.

Is it so?
I understood damage % as being the whole damage, not a bonus to it. So if a part has “50% damage” it would halve damage done to the target in a collision, 200% would be twice the damage, etc.

So? Even if it is whole damage it must be x5 but the speed you mentioned is x4.

Sadly, this isn’t the case. Trying to activate them says they are already active but opening ‘)’ window says there are no valid achievements. And no valid conducts. What are those things?

Oh, sorry. Didn’t get it at first!

Oh yeah, the panaceus item didn’t cure the flaming eye effect, which if I read the wiki correctly, is teleglow.
It eventually proc’d into a fungal infection in about half a day or so.

And holy shit everything rots at sanic speed. Doing Hauling and Grocery List Simulator for making a freezer was such a pain in the rear I resorted to debug spawning.
Oh you forgot goggles? Now you forget wire. Oh you made a large wind turbine? Too bad a lfting item didn’t spawn. Oh you made a small one? Too bad it’s too low power for a freezer. You debug spawned a solar panel? Mechanics 4, nobooks4u.
Freezer Quest lol.
No to mention noweldinggas nonails and nobatteries for FrameQuest.

The Telescoping Cantilever item really needs a description update since I never knew it provided lifting capacity.

2 Likes

noweldwhatnow? oh, it’s welding gas. okay then.

1 Like

what D:!?, maybe you are using the latest experimental, the only problem i found with the telescoping cantilever is that i gave the lifting and jacking quality in the description, instead of the blue text that quality normally use

Picture

What is that little box at the front of the gun’s name. The SIG Pro? I have a glock 19 with a similar box, but those are the only two items I have ever seen like that. I thought it meant they needed to be cleaned or repaired, but firearm repair kit says it can do nothing further, and no option to lube it ever came up.

Thoughts?

It’s the ‘fouling’ indicator. Clean the gun (firearm/gunsmith repair kit or pipe cleaner)

1 Like

OK I got it. "A"ctivating the Gun repair kit doesn’t bring up cleaning menu. I had to hold the gun, examine it, and hit "M"end. Then the kit was used.