Tileset Zoom Option (Going in instead of out?)

Looks like we have a functioning zoom-out feature as of this point, and it can zoom out pretty far with some tilesets. How hard would it be to allow for this feature to have two zoom-in levels as well?

Large sized tilesets can surely benefit from a zoom-out feature, so im glad that we have the option. But i think there are times where a small 10x10 tileset (or even 24x24) could benefit from a zoom-in feature. Seems like it would be even easier than zooming out since you would just be doubling or tripling the pixel count of the base tile instead of having to do some sort of interpolative division. 10x10 would become 20x20 or 30x30 using this method, which would probably function better than doubling and quading the base set.

Using the medium sized tilesets for example:

A 20x20 tile would become: 5x5, 10x10, (20x20), 40x40, 60x60
A 24x24 tile would become: 6x6, 12x12, (24x24), 48x48, 72x72
A 32x32 tile would become: 8x8, 16x16, (32x32), 64x64, 96x96

A zoom-in option would certainly give tileset users (and makers) a bit more choice in what they choose for use with DDA. I know that at times i definitely prefer a 20x20, but other times 40x40 can be nice just so you dont have to squint quite to much. Right now 32x32 is a good compromise but there are times where id welcome something a little larger too. If it wouldnt be too much work to add in, is this something that we could see in addition to the zoom out? Would anyone else find this useful?

Just a thought. :slight_smile:

It’s quite literally just a matter of changing the function that sets the multiplier to something > 16. The real issue is making it configurable, so one can decide which zoom levels should be available.