Tileset makers: default-check

Hey, we just had an Issue come up about default tiles, and I thought it was worth relaying here.

It’s important to keep the “default” fallback tile (should you use one–I understand ASCII fallback support was a major deal recently, so may/not be available?) clearly recognizable as a Default, and not as any one particular thing. In the case of the issue, comparatively-harmless possums were showing up as zombies, thanks to the default being a zed.

I realize that default-fallbacks look Crappy and that the new-content just keeps going and going. Making tiles ain’t easy, and we appreciate it. Thanks for your time and efforts.

That particular instance was actually just me committing an example so others could test the feature.

Always good to hear that the problem self-resolved. Thanks.

I found this bit here on category fallback, but is there a handy-dandy list somewhere of “unknown_{CATEGORY}_{SUBCATEGORY}” entries that could do with having a tile defined?

I’m using 0.A stable myself at this stage rather than experimental, but it seems like it would be good to get this stuff in place (in RetroDays).

[quote=“Antistar, post:4, topic:5509”]I found this bit here on category fallback, but is there a handy-dandy list somewhere of “unknown_{CATEGORY}_{SUBCATEGORY}” entries that could do with having a tile defined?

I’m using 0.A stable myself at this stage rather than experimental, but it seems like it would be good to get this stuff in place (in RetroDays).[/quote]

I wish there was–if there is, I don’t know about it.