Thermos(?) & other food suggestions

Did the thermos ever get added?? I’d love to have some hot bone broth coffee while on the move!

Also how come you can cook the generic toaster pastries but not the “Toast’ems”?

Other food sugestions:

-Vienna sausages (canned in liquid, quite gross)
-Corn tortilla chips (bagged, usable for “nachos” recipes)
-Salsa (in a jar, also for “nachos”)
-Iced tea (canned or bottled, simply a new flavour of soft drink)
-Tofu (searched, didn’t see any confirmation of it being ingame)
-Fish sticks? (same deal)
-Canned crab meat
-More flavours of canned herring! (do we have cold smoked, lemon & cracked pepper, hot sauce, or tomato sauce yet? COLLECT EM ALL)

Toaster Pastries are meant to be Toaster Strudels, the ones you have to cook to enjoy. Toastems are pop-tarts, heating optional.

No idea how to do the Thermos.

Vienna Sausages and Salsa aren’t really needed, as it stands we’ve got enough junk food
Corn tortilla chips are already sorta in, “Nachos” in game are just the chips, not the meat or cheese. As is Tea.
Tofu isn’t in game but I have /absolutely no idea/ what it’s stats should be.
Fish Sticks, Canned Crab meat, and “more flavours of canned herring” aren’t really needed at the moment due to the fact that all meat, every single last kind is just “meat” and I don’t see the point in having four of the exact same item with the same stats but different names.

How about Tang? or the new england equivelent?

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:2, topic:4773”]Toaster Pastries are meant to be Toaster Strudels, the ones you have to cook to enjoy. Toastems are pop-tarts, heating optional.

No idea how to do the Thermos.

Vienna Sausages and Salsa aren’t really needed, as it stands we’ve got enough junk food
Corn tortilla chips are already sorta in, “Nachos” in game are just the chips, not the meat or cheese. As is Tea.
Tofu isn’t in game but I have /absolutely no idea/ what it’s stats should be.
Fish Sticks, Canned Crab meat, and “more flavours of canned herring” aren’t really needed at the moment due to the fact that all meat, every single last kind is just “meat” and I don’t see the point in having four of the exact same item with the same stats but different names.[/quote]

Well, I think the strudels should be called strudels if that’s what they are haha, I mean it confused me a bit. “Frozen Strudels” maybe? Regardless, I think Vienna sausages deserve a spot since hotdogs did. I’m not very knowledgeable (yet) on the enjoyability/nutrition/quench stats of most comestibles, but perhaps they could give slightly less nutrition/enjoyability than a real hotdog, not to mention IRL the shelf life on those things is 24 months!
The salsa could become a condiment in the future maybe.
Tofu would be significantly less nutritious than meat (IRL tofu contains less than half the calories and protein of lean ground beef), but could be also a part of a recipe, say an asian stir-fry (Tofu, 2X Vegetable/Irradiated Vegetable, x amount of Cooking oil).

The rest of the stuff I’m not as passionate about at the moment, and the herring was a joke. (dat lemon&pepper doe!)

Edit:For real, does anyone really make nachos using potato chips!?

I thought the herring was a New England reference I didn’t know. And I like more variety, even if its the same stats just different names on certain items… I’ll call it “flavor.”

Exactly what I’m talking about! ;p

…I’m not from the New England area, but I grew up on the east coast of Canada (between 8-9 hour drive from Boston) and trust me, these things are plentiful all along the coast on both sides of the border!

I imagine a thermos to be a container for liquids which would halve the rate at which it stops being “hot”. No idea how to code this, alas.

Yeah, it should make the food in it stay “HOT” for maybe 3 or 4 game hours. (some RL brands claim they keep food hot for up to 5 hours)