The Vehicle Thread!

It looks kind of like an el camaro. Speaking of which, I should build my own with dual exhaust and two V8 engines. Or just that large un recognized one I found in a heli crash. You know, really let the zombies hunger for my loud ass. Someone needs to suggest adding MP3 players to your car for a stereo system. I’d have a bass so strong it’d make the zeds implode.

Guys, I’ve got a question!

I want to build hybrid, electro-gasoline fueled car. Is it possible? How can I switch between solar power and gasoline fueling? Is it possible at all? I want my car to run on solars, but when batteries are dead and I have to move, it would switch to gasoline engines.

[quote=“Amman, post:42, topic:1101”]Guys, I’ve got a question!

I want to build hybrid, electro-gasoline fueled car. Is it possible? How can I switch between solar power and gasoline fueling? Is it possible at all? I want my car to run on solars, but when batteries are dead and I have to move, it would switch to gasoline engines.[/quote]

Right now I don’t believe that the game can handle switching between engines. It takes 12 Mechanics or so to install a second engine, but all engines run simultaneously. (I’ve wanted to do this same thing.)

is it possible to siphon power from a solar vehicle to recharge welders, flashlights, etc.? even better. is it possible to set up lights around your base so you don’t have to choose between wasting batteries or stumbling around in the dark?

Yes, at least until they make headlights draw power. Simply get a steel frame, Start Construction where you want your light post, and then add Vehicle Controls (turn the lights on/off) and the headlights. Should be able to aim them on installation.

sweet! also, what are the differences between the different types of armour? what are their advantages and disadvantages?

Weight & HP, I believe–I don’t actually use them but I’m comparatively not much of a vehicle guy.

[quote=“KA101, post:45, topic:1101”]Yes, at least until they make headlights draw power. Simply get a steel frame, Start Construction where you want your light post, and then add Vehicle Controls (turn the lights on/off) and the headlights. Should be able to aim them on installation.[/quote]what about siphoning power from solar vehicles to recharge batteries?

Uh-uh. Vehicles and (especially) bionics are generally more efficient than personal gear, so the devs tend not to appreciate getting power back out of them once it’s put in. Balance issue, IIRC.

how do i install headlights that point in directions other than straight ahead?

It’s pretty obvious how, which makes me think you haven’t tried even installing a headlight. There’s a straight up query about the direction.

Might be that it is a feature in the nightly builds, in which case you can’t, unless you update.

well to tell the truth i haven’t really done much in the way of customizing vehicles. i can swap out/repair broken/damaged parts on existing vehicles, but so far i really haven’t tried to build one myself.

and no, i don’t update every night, i’m playing with .71 so it’s probably a new feature because i don’t get any kind of prompt. i would update, but i’ve heard that saves aren’t always compatible between updates.