The Vehicle Thread!

Here’s my contribution. Weighing in at just over 14 tons, this dual V8 vehicle takes about 4 minutes to reach 60 mph. It has 8 wheels, 13 gasoline tanks, and a Deathstar like weakness known as the RV Kitchen Unit. Because objects in front are not a threat to Dark Matter, the turrets and ordinance storage have been placed in the rear. The trailer is completely sealed for easy sleeping. The opaque doors can (and should stay) open to compensate for it’s terrible field of vision. Finally, a headlight has been installed in the trailer to allow reading at night.

Yeah it has twin M249 turrets at the front.

Non-opaque doors I find better than windshields, can be selectively opened to shoot through and can still be seen through closed. They don’t break like windshields, and don’t need a roof over them.

Giving an extra layer of frame around the wheels really helped with them receiving damage, as does putting steel plating on each one.

What’s the biggest litre engine you guys have found? I found a 6.41 ltr recently

The biggest one I ever saw was /once/ a 6.93 liter but I died trying to bring it back

Actually i’am lieing. just looked in my tank it has 3 6+ltr engines. one of them is 6.75ltr

Since this is the vehicle thread, i guess it is the place to ask :
How do you drive a vehicle, and stuff like cruise control and other important things?

You can activate cruise control with shift 4. Then just hold . To drive. Until your driving skill is decent around level 4 you will be all over the road.

Ok. do pressing directional keys change direction?

Yes.

a to turn left relative to the front of the vehicle. d to turn right relative to the front of the vehicle.

I noticed one thing. If you try to install an engine onto your bike (that has pedals) you suffer an extreme penalty for doing so. I bet anyone with remote skill in building stuff can tell you that pedaling will not interfere with a shut-down engine.

found a 6.89 liter V8 enginee, gonna be great once i get into cars. (IF i get into cars before dieing to a jabberwock)

With the recent updates that made roads and towns populated with more cars I’ve found, that maneuvering any bigger car is a bit of a challenge. So, after many crashes I’ve decided to mod my truck with sort of a snowplow, except it’s “V” shaped and pointing forwards.

To my surprise, it actually didn’t work as I had expected at all. Instead of pushing cars aside, it launches them flying in a random direction. It also makes getting stuck when hitting a car a non-issue. Still, it’s very effective on the road, especially when clearing bridges near swamps, where time is of the essence if you don’t want to get swarmed.

Currently, my semi truck has two 5.2L V8 engines. Makes things a bit easier.

[quote=“AspirinExtra, post:32, topic:1101”]With the recent updates that made roads and towns populated with more cars I’ve found, that maneuvering any bigger car is a bit of a challenge. So, after many crashes I’ve decided to mod my truck with sort of a snowplow, except it’s “V” shaped and pointing forwards.

-snip-

To my surprise, it actually didn’t work as I had expected at all. Instead of pushing cars aside, it launches them flying in a random direction. It also makes getting stuck when hitting a car a non-issue. Still, it’s very effective on the road, especially when clearing bridges near swamps, where time is of the essence if you don’t want to get swarmed.

Currently, my semi truck has two 5.2L V8 engines. Makes things a bit easier.[/quote]

H-Hit top speed. Please?

Reminds me of when I had a “mobile house” aka a 7? ton truck that could hit 230mph.

I called it “The Drunken Driver”. It lived up to its name.

I’ll miss that truck.

Is there a way to pack more than one engine (electric I guess) in a car and have it add speed/capacity? I installed both a normal and large electric motor, and it kept the stats from the electric motor. If I put a gas engine in it should be additive right, same with all engines?

Also, can we generate hydrogen yet? So far I’ve been thinking only solar is renewable. (though like 6 solar panels due to damage and 8-9 storage batteries always leaves me with 90+% power even when roaming a bit, pretty much exactly why I want more engines)

Edit: AND HOLY CRAP DOES IS INTEGRATED TOOLS THAT GOOD FOR CARS.

I really enjoyed reading that sentence! And wait till you get an Internal Furnace. You’ll never run out of power because you just cut down trees and EAT THEM.

I had internal furnace as my first power source. Yeah, that meant the only way I could gain back power was to eat furniture and the clothes off my victims. At this point I have solar panels, internal furnace, joint ratchets, and the battery system. I was so mad after getting the battery system (at how underpowered it is compared to some of the others) I’ve been eating flashlights and batteries.

On electric motors: I installed another big motor and it’s working properly. I wonder if the first time I tried, it thought I had something I didn’t, case it was booting me out of the menu with no messages.

Well I am going to make a solar powered rampage truck/mobile home/death machine and because of the abundance of solar panels because of solar cars wanted to ask a question:

How do solar panels work:
1 Can I put a roof over them?
2 Does the storage battery have to be under the solar panel
3 if I put a board to stop hitting a solar panel will they break as often?

And remember ,Save the Plane… oh
the planet is slowly being terraformed into a new dimension that the humans released upon it.
So the planet is screwed but on the bright side now nobody is left to stop you from eating people!

You can put Storage batteries all over the car , it doesn’t matter where.

Solar panels are super fragile and just a little touch to a wall will make all of yours explode (Well NOT explode , but shatter into dead solar panel pieces).

Can someone tell me how to install a turret? I am making this beautiful thing…

and i have an inactive turret.