The Quest for Milk

So I have done almost everything the game has to offer, cleared mines, brusted triffid hearts with my robotic hands, combated the manga horrors with nothing but a wrench, beaten jabberworks to death with a pipe and profanated ancient temples in the search of treasure, but still two things elude me: the mythical spiral caverns and even more ridiculous, the fresh taste of milk and the happines given by a milk mustache.

So I ask: Have anyone made the unachievable and found a glass bottle of nice fresh milk?
Or should I abandon my hopes and drink clean water for all eternity?

I found it.

I fucking found one.

I spawned next to a grocery store :smiley:

Life is indeed cruel D:

I found one too.
In a house.
In a god damn house.
I left the house to celebrate it with a sip of it.
mfw it went bad

option to milk female npcs.
option to milk male npcs.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:5, topic:2978”]>option to milk female npcs.

option to milk male npcs.[/quote]

Logical conclusion:

You feel terrible for milking your mother!

i drank milk before inside of a house. and no i mean in cataclysm not in real life. i found it in a house and drank some went bad before i could drink it all.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:5, topic:2978”]>option to milk female npcs.

Ultimate Cataclysm Inconceivable Impossible Challenge:

Milk a moose.

Not as hard as you’d think IRL.

I have found 3 spiral caverns. You find them in mines. I got a ton of vortex stones lol…

EDIT: Typos

You have found spiral caves? How did you managed this? All the mines I have finished lack the stairs to access them have I not been looking carefully enough?

Just found a full gallon jug of moo juice in a kitchen with my last character. She guzzled half, puked, then chugged the rest before it could go bad.

It’s funny. Until I saw this thread I’d not really noticed the lack of potable milk in Cataclysm before. Maybe it’s because I can’t drink the stuff in RL, but I always just emptied the jugs and used them for other stuff.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:6, topic:2978”][quote=“Iosyn, post:5, topic:2978”]>option to milk female npcs.

Logical conclusion:

You feel terrible for milking your mother![/quote]

I want to put this is in my sig, if you don’t mind…
unsuccesfully trying to supress laughter worth of 10000000 petawatt

Edit: OnTopic: I didn’t find any fresh milk yet…

Of course I dont, go right ahead

I’ve been thinking that we should have small herds of goats or feral beefalo hybrids wandering around the landscape, especially near farms.

Something to try and chase down, tame and milk (although that might need actual grappling/subdual mechanics and even Dwarf Fortress ‘JUST’ got to programing in the ability to end fights without killing someone.)

Then again, for all we know this near future get their meat from vat flesh, what horrors would their ‘contamination’ bring?

[quote=“Belteshazzar, post:15, topic:2978”]I’ve been thinking that we should have small herds of goats or feral beefalo hybrids wandering around the landscape, especially near farms.

Something to try and chase down, tame and milk (although that might need actual grappling/subdual mechanics and even Dwarf Fortress ‘JUST’ got to programing in the ability to end fights without killing someone.)

Then again, for all we know this near future get their meat from vat flesh, what horrors would their ‘contamination’ bring?[/quote]

You are already able to tame a dog, so why not apply a similar mechanic/item to goats/cows?

[quote=“Rookie, post:16, topic:2978”][quote=“Belteshazzar, post:15, topic:2978”]I’ve been thinking that we should have small herds of goats or feral beefalo hybrids wandering around the landscape, especially near farms.

Then again, for all we know this near future get their meat from vat flesh, what horrors would their ‘contamination’ bring?[/quote]

You are already able to tame a dog, so why not apply a similar mechanic/item to goats/cows?[/quote]

Require an animal that can both be milked and defend itself should the need arise…
Logical conclusion: Laying siege to cities with a herd of trained war moose.