The more of an enemy you kill, the more efficient you are at killing them

A spear or any other piercing weapons are good for enemies with vital organs and pointy things usualy are btter vs armored enemies.
That said cutting apart a human is indeed very easy.
Wielding a sword you can dismember a human with some skill and strength quite easily which should be much more effectibve against zombies then stabbing them.
I am not sure about the brain part but i think lorewise the blob controles the body not the brain. The blob is distribuited throughout his host so stabbing the brain will probably not imobalitze a z in cata. You are better of cutting it apart or smashing it with a blunt weapon breaking its bones.

Zeds get extra damage form headshots and are vulnerable to critical hits just like everyone else.

i know but i think thats wrong lorewise.

edit:

Perhaps theres an explanation for this that i haven t thought of yet.

Doesn’t need to be. Lore doesn’t state the zeds are flesh constructs held together by the blob, only that blob animates, controls and powers them.

Zombie animals use base animal senses while the blob itself is blind and has no sense of smell.
Sight requires quite a bit of brainpower to process.

So your suggesting the blob uses the brain somehow to controle the body?
Could be but how that would work is pretty arcane to me.

But i ll accept that because its still logical and is supported by game mechanics.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:24, topic:9073”]Doesn’t need to be. Lore doesn’t state the zeds are flesh constructs held together by the blob, only that blob animates, controls and powers them.

Zombie animals use base animal senses while the blob itself is blind and has no sense of smell.
Sight requires quite a bit of brainpower to process.[/quote]

Pardon, but don’t zombies have scent? I just checked the wiki and both blobs and the Zeds have SMELLS, which is a LOT more significant than humans (CHUDS for example lack that tag.)

Fuckin amoeba can process light signals and optimize variable responses based on species density, and they most certainly demonstrate chemotaxis (scent/taste response on a cellular level.) These blobs are likely co-opting grey matter for corpse control purposes, but they most certainly have some damn good senses of their own. (as anyone who’s woken up to a sea of grey Bleary-O’s outside their window after going to sleep near a slime pit pit will attest.)

Skeletal zeds indicate that the blob can likely manage a good portion of the motor control itself in an emergency, as a human’s muscles reduced to such state would have difficulty even standing, while those skeletal Z’s will run you down and slice right through a leather jacket given half the chance.

Anyhow, as to the topic… while I don’t think higher damage (maaaaybe an option for higher crit chances?) against well known enemies is the best route, I do think it would be cool if your description of them would advance grow more detailed and knowledgeable perhaps even culminating to the point of listing meta stats like average hit dice, attack speed, special abilities, ect.

[quote author=Belteshazzar link=topic=9734.msg225904#msg225904 date=1425940824]

Craft a Beastiary book and sell it to NPC’s 0_0

[quote=“Belteshazzar, post:26, topic:9073”]Pardon, but don’t zombies have scent? I just checked the wiki and both blobs and the Zeds have SMELLS, which is a LOT more significant than humans (CHUDS for example lack that tag.)

Fuckin amoeba can process light signals and optimize variable responses based on species density, and they most certainly demonstrate chemotaxis (scent/taste response on a cellular level.) These blobs are likely co-opting grey matter for corpse control purposes, but they most certainly have some damn good senses of their own. (as anyone who’s woken up to a sea of grey Bleary-O’s outside their window after going to sleep near a slime pit pit will attest.)

Skeletal zeds indicate that the blob can likely manage a good portion of the motor control itself in an emergency, as a human’s muscles reduced to such state would have difficulty even standing, while those skeletal Z’s will run you down and slice right through a leather jacket given half the chance.[/quote]

Blob is said to mutate stuff. Humans do have a sense of smell, part of which is not accessible to conscious mind. At the moment zombies can only smell humans (one human - the player), so it could be just enhanced human smell. Skeletal zeds don’t have the smell tag.

“Reacting to light” and “processing visual signals” are more different than sunbathing and photosynthesis. That requires a brain and not just any brain - a great deal of IRL insects uses eyes only to detect cues and identify movement.

In-game blobs are blind and have no sense of smell. Their only sense is hearing - if you stand still and toss a rock, they’ll ignore you and go for the rock. They have a good hearing tag, which means they hear like 2.5 stronger volume than what was actually emitted. Louder sounds have less random perceived locations and longer ranges.
They have a 1 tile sight, but this is purely so that the infighting system works for them - otherwise they’d never attack non-player stuff.

Skeletal zeds could be explained as the blob removing body parts starting with the least important ones. Large parts of the brain and most organs are useless for the zed, so they can be scrapped. When it touches the visual processing parts and suddenly the vision goes out, it restores what it can and marks this part as “essential - do not remove”. Note that skeletal zeds still do get extra damage from headshots.

Meta information could be good. This kind of knowledge should be available to the player somehow.
I’m against any more crits. We need far less crits at mid and high skill level, not MOBA style 90% crit rate.
Maybe some anti-zed martial art that deals with hordes, grabs and dodging acid spit, which you gain once you kill enough zeds? Maybe even with techniques unlocked by different zed kills rather than pure unarmed skill level.