The Dark Wanderer (monster/NPC)

[size=24pt]The Dark Wanderer[/size]

[size=14pt]Symbol:[/size] W

[size=14pt]Attributes[/size]

A non-aggressive NPC/Monster

• Wanders aimlessly (within a certain range of its spawn)
  • Spawns in the FIELD biom
  • 1 Spawn per World
  • Can be interacted with, will trade paper money (a currently useless object, or some other form of currency [ideas?]) for artifacts (VERY EXPENSIVE)
  • Can only be killed with Laser / Plasma type Weapons (other weapons will simply pass through him) and will become aggressive when attacked with Laser/Plasma weapons.

While aggressive:

Occasionally fires explosive missiles (affecting a 3x3 area)
Has a cold aura, making the area around him below freezing (-20 degrees F?)
Occasionally summons demons from Hell
Circles around the player occasionally hitting with melee.

On death, he drops an artifact with the following effects (permanent upon picking up) {There will be a warning prompt}:

• Player will no longer be affected by skill rust, however skills are harder to train.
  • Enemies in the world have 15% more HP than before, and deal more damage. (perhaps this is impossible?)
  • Portal spawn rate increased by 100%
  • All skills + 1
  • Season switches to ???, (Fire storms, day/night reversed, Rains blood [ and meat storms! ], always 50+ degrees F, Gut trees / eye berries begin to grow [perhaps even more… ideas here?] {no problem for Psychopaths!}
  • Wildlife begins to mutate! [do with this as you will]

I understand this is a difficult idea to implement, but It would we absolutely amazing.
To the Mod makers/developers, I salute ye’.

1. What is this a reference to?

2. This is the player when he/she is fully kitted out.

3. I don’t like this.

Why? What does it add to the game that it doesn’t already have? It sounds like you put a lot of effort into this (or like Funsize said, it’s a reference), but it doesn’t really have a place in Cataclysm.

Player at maximum power doesn’t cause the following bit:

* Season switches to ???, (Fire storms, day/night reversed, Rains blood [ and meat storms! ], always 50+ degrees F, Gut trees / eye berries begin to grow [perhaps even more... ideas here?] {no problem for Psychopaths!}
Perhaps it should. Also: [quote="FunsizeNinja123, post:2, topic:7506"]3. I don't like this.[/quote]

Player at maximum power doesn’t cause the following bit:

* Season switches to ???, (Fire storms, day/night reversed, Rains blood [ and meat storms! ], always 50+ degrees F, Gut trees / eye berries begin to grow [perhaps even more... ideas here?] {no problem for Psychopaths!}
[/quote]

Heheh, was just making a joke about how the player gets to be a near-god at end-game.

That,
I like that idea.

I think it’s diablo?

Congratulations! It was a reference to Diablo. I still like the idea of the new season… but I’m not sure how it would work.

maybe wecould have effects like these newar portals. As there aresuposed to be numerous different planes there should be onethat brings raining brimstone etc.

That sounds great!

Purple worms now spawn, worms the size of skyscrapers,

But they take just 1 tile of space right? lolk

Seems like something kind of cool to add. Would be one of those things that you see suddenly and think “holy shit its that super rare thing that ill probably only see once”. But I dont get the point of it besides that

That was kind of what I was going for, just something to spice up the game and make exploration worth the while.

All of this comes down to one thing: You are the only one who really wants this to be put into the game. So that means you must be the one to code it.

Well the whole thing is, I’m just throwing ideas out, and if somebody likes bits of it, they can use it. I’m not trying to change the game as a whole, I’m just giving bits and pieces to devs that might inspire something else.

Worse. You need to convince us that it’s a good idea to merge this.

I think it’s a completely game-y idea that is incompatible with the lore, and I’d refuse to merge it if it landed in the hopper.

Nope.