The 55 gallon barell puzzle

IIRC the weight and volume of stuff held count towards the penalties, too. So we’re back to the problem of why can’t I pour liquid into it when it’s on the floor.

That is indeed pretty stupid.

If I might make a suggestion, a funnel over a container should be programmed to accept ANY liquid poured onto that tile.

Not just rain.

and a hose with a container should be allowed to siphon liquid from said container. Maybe even specify the amount of liquid you wanna siphon. (kinda useless, but why not)

Good ideas both. Making a note on github.

why stop at amonia and bleach? i want a methcoke tank next to my steering wheel so i can pull all night driving benders

using the rubber hose is a neat idea, but why not also make 55 Gal barrels and steel drums rollable?

Also weaponized rolling drums sounds like fun.

Wonder if they got ran through the trap interface, if that’d help.

You (a)ctivate a barrel … game asks you where to put it, you pick a direction. Then, it is placed stationary on the terrain (think like bedrolls work) and you interact with it once it has its own square.

Of course, you’d still have to pick it up in the first place I guess, which I’ve never gone through the trouble to do before … I usually see the barrel, get excited, then realize its a giant pain in the ass and leave it where I found it. lol

[quote=“The Lone Badger, post:15, topic:4780”][quote=“Waladil, post:12, topic:4780”][quote=“DG123, post:11, topic:4780”]Solution: Don’t use a barrel. Instead, build a “vehicle” in your home base, load it with water tanks, and install a kitchen unit. Then you can effectively drink from the tap whenever you like and also easily fill containers from it.

I load mine with jerry cans filled via funnel and purified with a rechargeable purifier.[/quote]

That doesn’t work in all situations. It only works with water. There’s also people who want to be able to do stuff with ammonia, bleach, stuff like that. Other liquids. (And come on, who doesn’t want to whip up a 30-gallon barrel filled with mutagen? It can’t just be me :P)[/quote]

We should be able to install bleach and ammonia tanks on our vehicles, to use with the onboard chemistry lab.[/quote]

And chemical weapon attacks.