Thank You Galenevil(our full time developer)

Yeah, thanks Galen. Nice work so far, keep at it. :slight_smile:

i can’t explain how much i love this game
thanks to all those who work on this project!

I finished making the little mock-up of where the donate button should be.

A big thank you to Galenevil, as well as all past, present and future contributors, for helping to make this game possible.

As I said in the Uncut:

Sometimes I think that the money ought to do it. But then when I’m paid, it typically feels like it’s not enough, anyway. So yeah.

Thanks, Galen.

Thanks Galen. If it wasn’t for your help with Cataclysm i probably wouldn’t be able to blow myself because I’m too dense to think about the hazards of starting a fire in a gas station. Well i COULD but then i wouldn’t be able to type about it here.

Thanks Galenevil, tragically I missed the kickstarter but I would throw cash at you next time such a thing happens.

Well,
[offt]
In Communist Russia, Galen Evil thanks YOU!
[/offt]

:stuck_out_tongue:

Sincerely, I will stick here as long as you GE, Kevin, GG and other colourful character appear. So keep discussing all the happy things you’re about to push into the latest build, and I promise yet more and more… well… the things I’m about to do, yes! :slight_smile:

Galen, thank you for your good work on Cataclysm DDA.

next to the donation button have a guy with a big dirty beard and a something to wash windows with and say ‘please donate so Galenevil can eat’

Words cannot accurately express my feelings, so I’ll use google translate to put them into Chinese, and then back into English (and then to Japanese, and back to English again…).

I love GalenEvil. He will be able to cry tears wet my eyes. He is around the sun, the moon. Chicken, sandwich or is dry, has expired on the table. Long life His long, it is fun and good luck.

There are many times I laughed GalenEvil. Always there for me on IRC him. He has arrested his ass for the benefit of society, we should respect his goats all offers.

When things are tough, it’s hard coded. When the nights were long, he abused the counter uppers. When he drank, he usually went to early bed.

Three cheers GalenEvil! Let him seduce all the women, hand-to-hand combat to win, all the men, in a meeting inhaled the entire economies of scale canned pork and beans! Galen!

It’s so beautiful T-T

Any chance of getting the original. I love Auto translations.

Thank you GalenEvil for all your coding shenanigans and your IRC shenanigans!
Now get back to codin’ before I sick the gren dargon on ye! If y’know… That’s okay with you.

With <3<'s, the Inquisitor

[size=12pt]Yo, thanks galenevil, and all the rest of yous developers. You know who you are, and you know you deserve it![/size]

[quote=“GlyphGryph”]We have been having a persistent troll problem in this thread - if you have been directed to this post, it is probably because he is posting, probably about Metal Gear Solid mod. DO NOT RESPOND, it is a trap. Instead, read the following to understand the situation.

[spoiler=Spamming Bandodge Troll details]
The person posting the mod is a long-time anti-C:DDA troll. He was active on the Cataforums for a while, and used that time to constantly insult everyone and demand we include his code in mainline but he refused to actually work with anyone and his code was terrible. We finally included a line of it, as he insisted… and he responded by calling us thieves and insisting we remove it and basically flipped his shit, saying he owned all the code and we were all retards and we weren’t allowed to use his stuff. He’s been banned from bay12 going on 30 or 40 times now or so, and has basically hurled abuse at everybody including Toady. He’s also been banned from Kickstarter (where he promptly created a second account) and the Cataclysm forums (about 20 times). His general approach to convincing people (though he varies, he’s adopting one of his “nicer” approaches today) is to call everyone retards for playing CDDA and not playing his mod instead, and then writing poems about how awesome he is.

His mod is buggy as hell and he often claims it has a virus in it (but I don’t think it does).

He hounded the MAME project for like 5 years, eventually stealing a bunch of their stuff and selling it under his own name, until they took legal action to get it taken down. He still makes money off his “mame tool” although not much, and basically everyone hates him there. He previously enacted a trolling campaign against a Microsoft working group and some other company I forget as well.

People have tried reasoning with him, arguing with him, accepting him, listening to him, and ignoring him. None of this will make him go away or stop causing trouble, but the last one is the one that allows the thread to continue with the least impact, so please do that one.
[/spoiler][/quote]

Thank you devs :3 Kitty face for you guys, yay :3

though I haven’t seen the effects directly, everyone seems to give him high regards, and the comments he leaves in the PRs are enough to pique my interest. good job.

Thank you for going through all this trouble to give us players/lurkers awesome things.

Derschlact pins a THANK YOU card to GalenEvil’s face
Derschlact also pins 100 medals to GalenEvils’s face

EDIT: Spelled my own name wrong, darn.

Hey thanks GalenEvil.