Tank drone not firing main gun

I can’t get a tank drone to fire it’s main gun. I’ve tried sitting in a vehicle while spawning one at the appropriate distance. Giving myself the huge mutation, pitting a friendly drone against a hostile one.

I get the laser-targeting message, but it doesn’t fire. The grenade launcher, flamethrower, rifle, and tazer all work though.

Using version 3001c6d

Augh. Bad wiki, stop puking up a 500 internal server error. I forgot what the wiki says the tank drone’s minimum range is for the main gun, but my initial guess was going to involve the monster’s listed day vision of 50.

Alternatively, are you testing it with or without any mods enabled? If tankmod’s monster edit for it broke something I’m gonna be saddragon. ;A;

It’s vanilla, I have mods installed, but none of them affect the tankbot.

Hmm. And now that the wiki is behaving again, it says 35-50 is the range bracket for the main gun, which is consistent with its maximum vision range.

I’m officially out of obvious solutions.

It only has a limited number of shots of each weapon, so if it’s been shooting at something else then it could already be out of ammo.

The only true way to test this would be with a brand new tank drone at the appropriate range.

Does the debug spawn not give them shells?

Would be odd as the other ammo seems to work as intended when you spawn them.