Swimming (or drowning in my case)

Is it really that realisitic to have characters start with no swimming experience at all? I don’t mean all characters should start with Michael Phelps levels of swimming but it would be handy to at least dog paddle to the shore. My dramatic escape off a bridge from ants was cut rather short :confused:

I live in Florida and I know 5 people who sink like rocks when they don’t have floaties (one with floaties, but that is a different story). There are plenty of people who haven’t the foggiest idea how to swim.

Plus you can walk a few meters in the water before drowning. Just don’t jump right in the middle of the bridge, and don’t keeep your equipment.

You did dump all your gear right? It’s to be expected that you sink when you’ve a few backpacks and a rucksack full of 120~lbs of gear.

There’s really much weirder stuff, like “regular” characters being slowed down like crazy from pain even whilest in combat, and only characters with a special trait experiencing a natural adrenaline rush in such a situation.

[quote=“CIB, post:5, topic:2711”]There’s really much weirder stuff, like “regular” characters being slowed down like crazy from pain even whilest in combat, and only characters with a special trait experiencing a natural adrenaline rush in such a situation.[/quote]yeah that’s what irks me about the game; the human body is capable of incredible feats of strength and speed when in great danger or stress. it’s after the immediate danger has passed and your adrenaline has subsided that you start to break down.