Sup, new guy here

[quote=“DG123, post:19, topic:7145”]I can’t imagine why that green is a problem.

What I find to be a problem is the dark blue. It’s EXTREMELY hard to read my bionic power level sometimes.[/quote]

Colour blindness?

[quote=“jimboblordofeskimos, post:21, topic:7145”][quote=“DG123, post:19, topic:7145”]I can’t imagine why that green is a problem.

What I find to be a problem is the dark blue. It’s EXTREMELY hard to read my bionic power level sometimes.[/quote]

Colour blindness?[/quote]

Do you mean for the green? I’m certainly not colour blind. The dark blue is just not contrasting enough with the black. At least not enough to overpower minimal glare on the screen.

That screenshot is readily visible on my computer, might be something on your monitor end (brightness or age or whatever).

As for the dark blue, I’ll agree with that one, that can definitely be difficult to see at times.

Welcome to the cataclysm. Keep away from the skeletons, they bite.

[quote=“i2amroy, post:23, topic:7145”]That screenshot is readily visible on my computer, might be something on your monitor end (brightness or age or whatever).

As for the dark blue, I’ll agree with that one, that can definitely be difficult to see at times.[/quote]
I don’t have any problems with the dark blue, it seems that RGB has the ability to annoy different kinds of people, someone should make a study on that.

And also i’ve definitely confirmed my suspicion about the unlimited charcoal my game has, has anyone heard of this bug before me?
I don’t mind uploading my world/save if anyone wishes to see it.

So i abandoned my Krav Maga character(my first successful one) because of having unlimited charcoal for some bugged out reason.

I made a tweaker(12/8/12/8 no skills) again a few days ago and i started in winter(30 days season…bad idea), i died several times until the fourth or fifth tweaker character found a good amount of food/drink in the evac shelter basement so i decided to kick off my amphetamine addiction for 3 days down there.
Luckily lots of winter gear also spawned and 2 tents + 2 emergency blankets, i was only half cold instead of freezing.
It took up to 9 days to get decent skills and provisions + warm clothes, i didn’t even leave my evac shelter as it was in a wooded area with a river 4 tiles south and only raided 3 houses + mil. surplus store.

I’m at day 14 and i’m well trained now(turned off skill rust) and i got good clothes i looted off of NPC’s that i enabled for the first time, but i’m very annoyed that now another bug seems to have broken my game again…my face is permanently frostbitten and i get 40 pain & -2 to all my stats(i can still do fine with it).
I’ve used long fur scarf and XL winter survivor mask to try and keep my face warm but it doesn’t seem to be working at all, not even curling up in a sleeping bag and sleeping in the basement close to a burning fireplace does nothing to remove frostbitten face(i do get hot face though…).

I’ve said fuck it and downloaded the latest as of now 2013 version, i’m gonna try my tweaker again but in spring or fall this time and report back with any new terrible bugs(if there are any outside the stable version).

Sup sup. Everything looking cool?
I wear short sleeve shirts over long sleeve shirts over short sleeve shirts.
That’s because in CataDDA you can clutter all off your clothes in one spot, and sleep without worrying about temperature. And I literally mean emptying your dresser onto the bed.

Good Riddance!

How not to die…

Stay out of town completely. You can survive in wilderness. See wiki on how to produce drinkable water.
You can kill animals for food and cook.

Wander far and wide during the day to scout. Mark stuff on map.
Pick up rocks to start. Throw and step back. Weaken a little before combat.
Watch encumbrance. Kills dodge. Ofyen useful to drop stuff before melee.
Just train on easy animals.

Craft a bow. Train. Make a better bow.

Start woth night vision trait. When stronger try town. With night vision makes it more exploreable.

Melee, dodge, bow, survival(just to level 5) are most important at start.

Go back to shelter at night. Craft and cook. Sleep in basement. Do this for a few days.

Stay away from town, army stuff, fema, ants, bees, spiders, dont go in woods.

Bedt bet to survive early on