Sudden death upon sleeping

Not sure if this is a known bug, but I’ve had two sudden deaths upon going to sleep, both occuring in the same tile. At first I thought it was because of the cold, but the second time my character wasn’t at all cold, so there must be something else happening. As far as I can tell there were no status effects that could have caused this. I wasn’t cold at all, and was in fact very well warmed up.

As you can see, there’s no obvious reason why this should be happening. Because of the mandatory file deletion on death (can we make that optional while the game is still in development with so many bugs?) my characters are both no longer playable, but I can give the save folder to anyone who wants it, and create a new character to stand where the old ones both died, and see if the bug is repeatable.

Any suggestions as to what might have happened, otherwise?

I’ll borrow your thread. I have the same problem, and I don’t have any idea why.

(Also, it’s the Vanilla/Official Compilation, so no raw edits)

Same issue here.

I cannot upload, so my Wedge.sav file is pasted here: http://pastebin.com/1sCahSf9

You should be able to replicate on any new generated world, the bug seems to be related to the saved character.

Funny you mention this, I had the exact same thing happen to me, went to sleep and just died. I presumed it may have been because I inhaled alittle smoke a few hours before, (set a forest on fire a few days before so that I could cook meat, it was a great idea at the time 'til i tried cooking again and it was raging :/) only problem is I couldn’t tell since there was no log :(.

Same problem. I survived 13 days, once lay to sleep - game over. But i copied the save and repeat - game over. Trying again - trying to use bandages on the head - game over. I copy the save, open file username.sav and trying randomly change negative signs in the variables to positives. Closer to the end of file i replace -7 by 7 and run the game and i stop dying from sleeping. I think this bug appeared if number of hitpoints on the bodypart somehow became negative number.

Funny, I used to think it was caused by my frostbite code… but the feature I was blamed was never implemented. So the only way cold can kill a player is by making them slow (I don’t know if there is a slow limit, but maybe so slow you would starve taking a step forward? However I don’t think you can starve to death either!)

Unforunately, that leaves us with no leads!

Don’t think so. I had full health one of the times it happened to me.

I had full health in the indicator (****) too.

I didn’t die upon sleeping, but my character’s max hp has been extremely reduced. From 87 to 3-20 for all limbs, except torso. So, i think that’s why you guys die. Just your max hp becames lower that 0, and sudden death…
May be it was a consequences of zombie bites? Infection?
Btw, how can I edit my character max xp? May I restore it? That’s a pretty good character.