Death Bug Respawn/Clone

So, today I was killed like the moment I walked out of my shelter by an NPC. Really annoyed because it was a perfect start, but you know, it happens.
I decided to just close the game instead of saving and quitting or whatever. From past experience this still deletes your character and all… Your still dead. Come back an hour later and play the game, saw I can load game. So I loaded game. I’m back to life right before I attacked and got one shot in the head.
However, all my inventory and earlier dead body is on he ground at my feet. Wtf, so… That was weird, took a step down and sure enough, I could see it all there. I’m aslo holding the same inventory I died with in mine. NPC reloads, I attack him he one shots me in the head again, I died. Thats normal. I closed the game on grave screen again, and opened it, loaded. Now my body is on the ground, dead, twice. All my inventory is on the ground on both bodies, and I’m also holding another duplicate of my inventory.
Now the NPC is running from me…
I like to imagine he’s scared that I keep getting back up, leaving my body behind. So he’s fleeing…
Imaginations aside, this bug needs to be fixed.

Additional Notes: Version 2e6a32e

This sounds like the plot to Edge of Tomorrow, but it’s a good bug to bring up. Wow.

If I’m not mistaken, developers changed the order of saving game when your character dies. In earlier versions your character was deleted right after he dies (at the gravestone screen), so closing game at this moment didn’t save your character. In latest versions your character is deleted after you confirm his death, read his statistics etc. But world that your character lived in is still saved immediately after character’s death.
So, in your example, your character was killed, then world with his corpse and items are saved, then you close game, but (attention) your character’s death is not confirmed and not deleted. And when you load your save, you have world with your (saved) not-so-fortunate clone corpse and his items and your last - and living - character.
Hope I explained it intelligibly.

Yeah makes sense. It’s exactly what I thought was happening.
Just think this should be fixed… Gotta remember to not close the game on death form now on.

[quote=“Dzlan, post:1, topic:7597”]Now the NPC is running from me…

I like to imagine he’s scared that I keep getting back up, leaving my body behind. So he’s fleeing…
Imaginations aside, this bug needs to be fixed.[/quote]

Oh man, he must feel like the mooks from Metal Slug…