Stuff that floats in my head

I have been having certain ideas of stuff to put in the game whether or not it’s relevant to the game.

First of all Excalibur… after all it’s in an England area if i am not mistaken. and it would be a nice change to have a non-harmful “to yourself” artifacts that would probably ignore all of an enemy’s special traits if it is resistant to physical attacks or just won’t die.

-About Excalibur-
What i think the vorpal blade should have.
-Bypass tag, it would ignore special affects of an enemy’s tag if it has specific affects that make it “not die” like zombies will not be getting up after a dicing from this legendary blade. or new special enemy’s :stuck_out_tongue: like wraiths.
-Difficult to aquire, Making the weapon incredibly rare for there is only one would mean that it would be a huge expidition to find one, also, you will not be able to pull the sword from the stone if you have murdered a Npc for no good reason, even if they just insulted you, or just by being a horrible person. and finally for difficulty have it have some sort of guardian that would be incredibly strong or has special quirks that make it to where no normal creature of Cataclysm will be able to take on, and can easly kill most decked out survivors.
-Stone Circles. Excalibur may or may not be in the stone circles but in the one that it is in will have a guardian that would be practically immune to ranged attacks, the stone protected by ancient magic to where you will have a hard time breaching with vehicles big enough to even make the guardian flinch.
-Once acquired. you would gain attention, but only specific creatures will spawn at random and limited in number. you would also gain Fear which would ensure that they are not dumb enough to outright attack you unless certain situations occur like more monsters are in range and have sight on you. “it would be presumed they are just keeping tabs on your location making sure your not being a significant threat to them”

Finally stats for the blade

Cut: 70 Bash: 20 Pierce 50:
Armor piercing 20.
Superior block, Bypass, Magic “has special property s”, Vorpal “high chance of critical hit and small chance of doubling crit damage” , And Empowering +2 to all stats

Now that we are done with that bit Monster suggestions-
Wraith
Abominations
Armored skeletons
Skeletal archers
Wyverns
Leaping zombies / stalkers
"smelly" zombies
Dire, Bear/Wolves
Mutant trees
Decayed zombies
and hidden fun stuff as always.

New areas,

Park.
benches, paths, chance of spawning triffid grove in it.

Castle ruins.
A castle ruins on a hill or advantageous position that has fun stuff in it.

Graveyard
Who’s up for graverobbing like the horrible person you people are capable of being in Cataclysm.

I think i may make another post later this Excalibur thing is scrambling my mind.

The game is in New England. Not England. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Like Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, etc.

Because of that, something like Excalibur or castle ruins and armored skeletons don’t make a lot of sense. This is a game in the modern world, and I’m not sure that monsters with medieval weapons and armor is a good fit.

I do like the idea of larger park areas, though. We already have small parks that take a variety of forms (playgrounds etc), but a bigger nine-grid park would be interesting.

I like the idea of the graveyard. Well I don’t, but you understand right? As morbid as it is, we DO after all have lives to preserve (and shovels). You can get human corpses, should probably only give rotten meat though. Along with suits, jewelry, and a few items (we buried my cousin with his .45. That was actually his name, Colt) that meant something to them. That you are now taking from them, you scumbag. And it should probably give you a bad morale effect, “Defaced a human’s grave”. Then, since I believe that special zeds mutate a lot after the apocalypse, or because of Master zombies, there should only be normal zeds there. Perhaps a “Grave Lord” in a center catacombs, that unearths graves and sends them at you.

[quote=“Hyena Grin, post:2, topic:2860”]The game is in New England. Not England. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Like Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, etc.

Because of that, something like Excalibur or castle ruins and armored skeletons don’t make a lot of sense. This is a game in the modern world, and I’m not sure that monsters with medieval weapons and armor is a good fit.

I do like the idea of larger park areas, though. We already have small parks that take a variety of forms (playgrounds etc), but a bigger nine-grid park would be interesting.[/quote]

Energy Swords Maybe? it is futuristic.

Also, i think electronics or mechanics should help prevent robots from exploding on you like hitting parts of the robot that will disable it but not hitting the “gas tank”

What about a reaping hook and some sickles spawning at the farms? What about a small tractor now and then? And some scarecrows?

Sickles and scythes could be quite a nice addition and so could tractors.

As to the OP…
The Excalibur isn’t a vorpal weapon. That’s from Monty python and the holy grail. =P
Completely agree with it being ultra-rare though. Limited to one per map generation-kinda thing. I swear to god if I see someone dual-wielding it… :F

Hm… anyway I think this calls for a questline… a sword-in-the-stone style quest with a guardian sounds pretty good, completely agree with the strong guardian too-- however the original sword in the stone wasn’t actually Excalibur IIRC, so perhaps have it as the opening to a series of quests resulting in the true sword. It’s mostly popular literature that’s combined the sword in the stone and Excalibur.
Also, how about a black knight for a guardian?

Fun fact: the scabbard was said to have healing powers, not quite sure how it would be best implemented though.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:6, topic:2860”]Sickles and scythes could be quite a nice addition and so could tractors.

As to the OP…
The Excalibur isn’t a vorpal weapon. That’s from Monty python and the holy grail. =P
Completely agree with it being ultra-rare though. Limited to one per map generation-kinda thing. I swear to god if I see someone dual-wielding it… :F

Hm… anyway I think this calls for a questline… a sword-in-the-stone style quest with a guardian sounds pretty good, completely agree with the strong guardian too-- however the original sword in the stone wasn’t actually Excalibur IIRC, so perhaps have it as the opening to a series of quests resulting in the true sword. It’s mostly popular literature that’s combined the sword in the stone and Excalibur.

Fun fact: the scabbard was said to have healing powers, not quite sure how it would be best implemented though.[/quote]
It would be an interesting idea for a quest, though it would probably work better once we get a more in-depth portal system (since it seems like the best way to explain it would be to be linked to the portals somehow).

Also yes, you are correct that the sword in the stone wasn’t excalibur. And IIRC the healing power that the sheath had was actually that you would never bleed to death. This could probably be modeled in-game with two simple things.

1. Immunity to bleeding (obviously :P)
  2. Stop torso hp from dropping to zero (head hp could still kill you, however).

[quote=“i2amroy, post:7, topic:2860”][quote=“Iosyn, post:6, topic:2860”]Sickles and scythes could be quite a nice addition and so could tractors.

As to the OP…

Fun fact: the scabbard was said to have healing powers, not quite sure how it would be best implemented though.[/quote]
It would be an interesting idea for a quest, though it would probably work better once we get a more in-depth portal system (since it seems like the best way to explain it would be to be linked to the portals somehow).

Also yes, you are correct that the sword in the stone wasn’t excalibur. And IIRC the healing power that the sheath had was actually that you would never bleed to death. This could probably be modeled in-game with two simple things.

1. Immunity to bleeding (obviously :P)
  2. Stop torso hp from dropping to zero (head hp could still kill you, however).[/quote]

Have to make them separate quests anyway, i.e one for the sword, one for the sheathe. No matter how hard we make the guardian/s getting both items at one time (considering the sheathe was lost in a lake) seems a bit too much of a reward no matter how much work you put into the quest.
Maybe a nice suit of armour from the guardian/s to complement it? hm.

I don’t suppose anyone could name all the knights of the round table? Maybe we could have them as the finale to the quest, guarding the real sword.

http://medievalcastles.stormthecastle.com/castles-of-new-england.htm

http://www.boston.com/travel/explorene/galleries/castles_of_new_england/ (this link tried to hit me with a pop-up, but AVG handled it like a nightclub bouncer…) ((damn, we need nightclubs in-game too…))…

Either way, those are all just in the New England-ish area… United States actually has quite a few castle-type constructions…

What about recipes mixing alcohol and water? Watering down a drink could be an alternative way to quench your thirsty without bothering to use fire nor electronics to purify water into clean water, read somewhere that in ancient times mixing some alcoholic beverage into suspicious water was a survival technique to avoid diseases related to water contamination like cholera.

Not even such ancient times. Right up into the Victorian era, if I recall correctly, people used to drink watered wine and small beer in preference to ‘pure’ water, as even a small amount of alcohol in the drink is an effective antibacterial measure.

Even today, the antibacterial hand-cleansers that have become so prominent in hospitals and other workplaces are essentially just alcohol in an aqueous gel.