Strange issue with "artifact_data"

I’m working on a mod, playing with battery powered tools with “artifact_data” embedded in the code (calling special effects…) and I think have found a strange issue… (Tested on last experimental).

For example, this is the code of a night visor that enhance PER…

{
“id”: “cddaxp_goggles_artnv”,
“type”: “TOOL_ARMOR”,
“category” : “clothing”,
“symbol”: “[”,
“color”: “dark_gray”,
“name” : “tactical night visor”,
“description”: “A Miltech battery-powered tactical visor that amplify ambient light, with ‘HUD’ for enhancing perception purposes. Use it to turn them on.”,
“flags” : [“FRAGILE”],
“price”: 200000,
“material”: [“plastic”, “aluminum”],
“weight” : 1050,
“volume”: 5,
“bashing”: 0,
“cutting”: 0,
“to_hit” : -3,
“max_charges”: 300,
“initial_charges”: 0,
“charges_per_use”: 6,
“turns_per_charge”: 0,
“ammo”: “battery”,
“revert_to”: “null”,
“use_action”: {
“type”: “transform”,
“msg”: “You activate your %s”,
“target”: “cddaxp_goggles_artnv_on”,
“active”: true,
“need_charges”: 6,
“need_charges_msg”: “The %s’s batteries are dead.”
},
“covers” : [“EYES”],
“warmth” : 10,
“environmental_protection” : 8,
“encumbrance” : 30,
“coverage” : 100,
“material_thickness” : 2
},
{
“id”: “cddaxp_goggles_artnv_on”,
“type”: “TOOL_ARMOR”,
“category” : “clothing”,
“symbol”: “[”,
“color”: “dark_gray”,
“name”: “tactical night visor (on)”,
“description”: “A Miltech battery-powered tactical visor that amplify ambient light, with ‘HUD’ for enhancing perception purposes. Use it to turn them on.”,
“flags” : [“GNV_EFFECT”, “FRAGILE”],
“price”: 200000,
“material”: [“plastic”, “aluminum”],
“weight” : 1050,
“volume”: 5,
“bashing”: 0,
“cutting”: 0,
“to_hit” : -3,
“max_charges”: 300,
“initial_charges”: 0,
“charges_per_use”: 0,
“turns_per_charge”: 5,
“ammo”: “battery”,
“artifact_data” : {
“effects_worn”: [“AEP_PER_UP”]
},
“revert_to”: “cddaxp_goggles_artnv”,
“use_action”: {
“type”: “auto_transform”,
“msg”: “Your %s deactivates.”,
“target”: “cddaxp_goggles_artnv”
},
“covers” : [“EYES”],
“warmth” : 25,
“environmental_protection” : 8,
“encumbrance” : 15,
“coverage” : 100,
“material_thickness” : 2
}

Well, I have found that this armor-tool works, but only if it is layered in the first OR in the last position in the body clothes list (using “+” and “s” function, in game).

If it is between other clothes, “effects_worn”: [“AEP_PER_UP”] vanish! And this effect is also interactive (I can nullify/restart my ACTIVE battery-artifact, relayering it…).

Is this intended or I’m milking in a bad way in-game functions?

Hmm. That bodes unwell. Take a look at arcana mod and you’ll see 2 items that are meant to have artifact effects when toggled on, and additionally two more have always-on won effects.

I’m not sure I fully understand the nature of this artifact layering issue.

In fact, the issue is totally strange (not perfectly reproducibile…), but I have the feeling is something about interaction… I’ve made another try and the visor works even changing his layer… Then I’ve put on a Jedi cloak and ZAP! For no reason the artifact effect shut off! :smiley:

But I really need to make a test in a fresh world. May be the actual is corrupted…

Very odd. So it’s reshuffling layers, not activating the item, that causes the oddity? o.O

EDIT: Or the opposite. This makes a negative amount of sense.

No problems under 0.C-3981 (or maybe I’m not enough smart to trigger again the issue, under the new experimental… :wink: ).

Someone has made a nice “mumbo-jumbo” silently, in the shadows… Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Marte, post:5, topic:11003”]No problems under 0.C-3981 (or maybe I’m not enough smart to trigger again the issue, under the new experimental… :wink: ).

Someone has made a nice “mumbo-jumbo” silently, in the shadows… Keep up the good work! :)[/quote]

Enjoy it while it lasts, as I suspect you’ll find new and exciting things to rage at the instant you hit the crafting key.

EDIT: And shortly after this, it was discovered the issue I was hinting at occurs under much narrower (pun intended) circumstances than I initially suspected. o3o

Never underestimate a good “mumbo-jumbo”… :wink: