Steeltoed boots

Boots and steeltoed boots should not give very much warmth.

however, they should inflict pain as you walk if you try to wear either of them without socks.

Footwear warmth will be revised as they are currently set pretty high. Socks’ only mechanic at the moment is to provide warmth (enabling us to lower footwear warmth, but not have cold feet). I am not sure I will go so far as to say certain clothing combinations are necessary to avoid pain/discomfort. At least not yet :slight_smile: Some day, wearing a fresh pair of socks will be a comfort/morale boost.

For the steel toes needing less warmth I don’t recommend lowering it too much if they’re thick work boots. Wearing them on a daily basis I can vouch for their warmth… and how uncomfortably hot they can get.

Haven’t ever tried wearing them without socks but I agree that wouldn’t be comfortably at all. Not constant pain but It would cause blisters and moral problems.

I wear work boots without socks fairly frequently without problems, and I’m definitely not the hardiest guy around.

Adding excessive penalties for things like this isn’t a good idea. People really aren’t all that flimsy, and in game terms it probably just means boots won’t be used.

I am not sure I will go so far as to say certain clothing combinations are necessary to avoid pain/discomfort. At least not yet :) Some day, wearing a fresh pair of socks will be a comfort/morale boost.

There it is. I knew I shouldn’t duct tape the ragged ones. My fabric softener does too much piercing damage on 40 degrees celsius’ rewash. :slight_smile:

[quote=“halberdsturgeon, post:4, topic:1383”]I wear work boots without socks fairly frequently without problems, and I’m definitely not the hardiest guy around.

Adding excessive penalties for things like this isn’t a good idea. People really aren’t all that flimsy, and in game terms it probably just means boots won’t be used.[/quote]

It’s kinda funny that I can be shot multiple times, but can’t sleep while wearing boots in 24C heat.

I personally don’t want to have to micromanage footwear that much. I love my realism and stuff, but Extreme Shoe Simulator is not my idea of fun.

[quote=“Nappist, post:1, topic:1383”]Boots and steeltoed boots should not give very much warmth.

however, they should inflict pain as you walk if you try to wear either of them without socks.[/quote]
I’d wear boots, even steeltoe ones without socks if the alternative was to go barefoot through an apocalyptic wasteland.
Should be about right on the warmth issue though. 20 sounds about enough.

[quote=“Vorpal2, post:6, topic:1383”][quote=“halberdsturgeon, post:4, topic:1383”]I wear work boots without socks fairly frequently without problems, and I’m definitely not the hardiest guy around.

Adding excessive penalties for things like this isn’t a good idea. People really aren’t all that flimsy, and in game terms it probably just means boots won’t be used.[/quote]

It’s kinda funny that I can be shot multiple times, but can’t sleep while wearing boots in 24C heat.

I personally don’t want to have to micromanage footwear that much. I love my realism and stuff, but Extreme Shoe Simulator is not my idea of fun.[/quote]

+1. Micromanaging things isn’t fun.