Starting release process for 0.C, please report game-breaking bugs here

I wrote something for that a week or so ago but folks didn’t like the interpretation. Will look into the rework.

It could be hacked quickly by saving a set of active mutations on Character::save if (this == &g->u) and doing the reverse on load.
NPCs won’t have any active traits in 0.C yet.

That’s probably a better option. :stuck_out_tongue:

It could be hacked quickly by saving a set of active mutations on Character::save if (this == &g->u) and doing the reverse on load.
NPCs won’t have any active traits in 0.C yet.[/quote]

OK, I’ll defer to that.

Laser dot targeting turns on safe mode. I’m not sure how that helps.

The only way this could be useful is having proximity distance set to infinite, and walking around with your safemode off. But then I would lose the safemode’s benefits for pretty much all dangers BUT tankbots. (And then still be screwed because you typically get laser-targeted before you can see the tankbot.)

I think it should instead be consistent with safemode behavior regarding other dangers, minus the range. I.e. if you are laser-targeted, and safe mode is on, it’ll prevent you from moving (regardless of proximity distance that it normally takes into account). Then you turn it off, and do whatever you would do to escape. Right?

I think the láser dot is to avoid instadeaths?

“triggers” means when it happens, it has the same effect as if you had spotted a monster, i.e. if safe mode is on, you need to acknowledge it by disabling safe mode in order to move.

Yes. That’s how it should work (but doesn’t).
Although it’s been quite a few versions since I met a tankbot. Will verify.

Yes. That’s how it should work (but doesn’t).
Although it’s been quite a few versions since I met a tankbot. Will verify.[/quote]

And that’s how I thought I wrote it to work. Please let us know whether it’s broken.

You know, it’s been great seeing a game come a long way. I’m getting the itch again… And… Crap.

Love this game to death, can’t express it enough.

I just tested the tank drone in version 76c8120 (release 2796). After I get a laser dot on me, and I try to move, I get the message “You are being lase-targeted - safe mode is on”. However, after that I am able to move, even though safe mode is still on.

Moreover, if I do turn it off, it comes back on the moment I get laser-targeted again. This shouldn’t happen.

[quote=“Murphy, post:31, topic:8529”]I just tested the tank drone in version 76c8120 (release 2796). After I get a laser dot on me, and I try to move, I get the message “You are being lase-targeted - safe mode is on”. However, after that I am able to move, even though safe mode is still on.

Moreover, if I do turn it off, it comes back on the moment I get laser-targeted again. This shouldn’t happen.[/quote]

No, it shouldn’t. If someone can beat me to a fix, feel free–the browser-outage will slow me up considerably.

Update: possible save-corrupting bug reported over in the Garage.

Tested with the tank drone, confirmed. I thought it acted like any other danger, but instead it effectively un-ignores the tank drone, so it does act a little weird.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:4, topic:8529”]The biggest thing I did since 0.B was eliminate the performance problem that was caused by having zillions of items lying around. The biggest other changes off the top of my head are monster infighting, improved AI for player-controlled turrets, DeathCam (pretty sure that didn’t make it in by 0.B), and RC vehicles(fullsize, not model).
There are I’m sure a number of additional changes that I’m forgetting right now, I’ll generate a changelog as the release proceeds.[/quote]

How did you improve the performance due to all those items?

Step 1:
I refactored the process of adding and removing items to the map (and vehicles) to go through class setters, then had those setters add items that need processing to active item lists, so the active item processing just looks at active items, not every item in the area.
Step 2:
I adjusted the active item processing code to only process the first few items each turn (then move them to the end of the list), instead of processing every item every turn.

End result, if you had 100,000 items on the map, and 1,000 food items on the map, it used to scan through all 100,000 items every turn, now it will look at 1. ONE

That is a clever change.

Not to be a pest, but is there a new ETA for 0.C? Last weekend kind of came and went, and it doesn’t look like it worked out this weekend either. -_-

Hey you pest! :stuck_out_tongue:

When it gets there. Might still land during the USian weekend, otherwise, when we can.

Pretty much just waiting on translation people right now. Depending on what they say they can get done might push the release one way or another a bit.

It’s out! If you encounter anything else in the release, report it in the release thread.