Start vehicle construction bug (experimental 0.C - 5681)

Upon attempting to start construction of a vehicle, I get this error:

The error is given when vehicle construction would finish. Also, the frame used is consumed and after the error is cleared, the game prompts you for the name of the vehicle, even though no vehicle has been built. The only time in which you actually get a vehicle when trying to start vehicle construction is when you have two of the same frame. When this happens, construction occurs normally with no error, but both frames are consumed instead of just the one needed to build the frame.

I can’t reproduce. Tried with a fresh build.
I recall this bug happening before, but I can’t reproduce it now.

Any mods or other details? Z-levels on/off?

What does the construction menu list as requirements? Are the frames all "OR"ed correctly or does it look like it wants each type?

Does it reproduce on a fresh character with debug-spawned frames?

Could be due to recipe rework, since it uses the recipe system to get components.
The code for starting a vehicle is really fragile since it uses hacks and the new recipe rework, while fast, is also quite fragile - and does not respect hacks.

The bug happens when you only have one frame available.

On vehicle construction start, the game consumes a frame and then prompts to ask you for a name, and upon entering a name and finishing, the game then consumes another frame. This error pops up if there is no additional frame the second time around, and will return a null vehicle, and will not complete a vehicle.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:2, topic:12708”]I can’t reproduce. Tried with a fresh build.
I recall this bug happening before, but I can’t reproduce it now.

Any mods or other details? Z-levels on/off?

What does the construction menu list as requirements? Are the frames all "OR"ed correctly or does it look like it wants each type?

Does it reproduce on a fresh character with debug-spawned frames?

Could be due to recipe rework, since it uses the recipe system to get components.
The code for starting a vehicle is really fragile since it uses hacks and the new recipe rework, while fast, is also quite fragile - and does not respect hacks.[/quote]
It reproduces on a fresh character with both debug spawned and legitimately created frames.

The menu lists two separate requirements for starting a vehicle. The first entry is all the basic frames while the second lists all the basic frames and their heavy/light variants. Everything is “OR’d” correctly as far as I can tell.

I tested with a vanilla gen after reporting this bug, it occurred there as well. Z-levels are turned on.

Midaychi described exactly what happens better than I did.

Happened to me a couple of versions ago, it seems it has to do with blaze’s vehicle mod (can’t remember the exact name)

Why do we need Tadalafil?

I… what? I imagine it’s for hypertension and erectile dysfunction, what does that have to do with vehicle frames?

I… what? I imagine it’s for hypertension and erectile dysfunction, what does that have to do with vehicle frames?[/quote]
You missed the deleted message…

I’m getting the same bug in 0.C - 5758. When starting to construct a vehicle, it appears like it is a multi-stage process (similar to building a wall) that requires 2 frames. Trying to make a vehicle with only 1 frame causes the same error message saltmummy626 got, failing the construction as well as consuming the frame.

I also noticed that trying to drag another vehicle (like a shopping cart) across the tile you started the vehicle construction on causes you to either lose your grip on the shopping cart or causes the game to crash.

After some troubleshooting, it does look like blaze’s vehicle additions pack is the cause of the issue. Gonna report it over here as well : http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=8060.0