Stable Build

Any possibility of 0.D soon. Would be nice to have a relatively stable version, after all it has been over a year since 0.C. I use the Experimentals but crashes and bugs are starting to take a toll.

this is a pretty frequent question. Answer is not soon.

Experimentals are pretty stable right now

Give them a try

I’ve started the process of a release, which means flagging varous issues as being release blockers. Once we get that list short enough, I’ll proceed to officially announcing the new release and blocking new features in order to focus on new features. Can’t give an estimate on when though, especially sibce I’m moving next week.

Would it be possible to make semi stable builds or experimental builds of note. That would update once a week or every two weeks. If find the current unstable build nice but I find it hard to jump in because of how quickly it updates.

I always build a new cata when i start a new game.
Then, depending on if there is interesting stuff added, i may or may not update as long as i play that char.

Oh, and if that game’s very broken, i just wait a bit for the problem to be fixed… and start anew.

I always use latest dev builds I update every day :slight_smile:

And if there is ever an issue with that build its normally fixed so damn fast by the great code wizards here that its never realy an issue any way.

Go dev beuild and never look back your missing some awesome new things :slight_smile:

Yes, the experimentals seem to be pretty awesome… Though there was that time a few weeks ago where almost every liquid/semiliquid food/drink in the world was just splat out on the ground without a container!

That was hilarious, if mildly frustrating while dehydrated, starving and infected.

And like stk said, if there’s something buggy, just check back and update! On that note, putting time into more regular stable releases might reduce the efficiency of coding, like crafting single items instead of batches, and while it would be pretty nifty, I rather prefer how things are now.

Of course I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention that the prospect of a 0.D release on the way is fantastic! And of course means the experimentals will just keep getting more polish.