Do a Feature Freeze Already!

You’ll never get the next release stabilized if you keep shoveling electric hulks and dildos into the build. This is what the milestone page for 0.B looks like

[quote=“Void Space, post:1, topic:7330”]You’ll never get the next release stabilized if you keep shoveling electric hulks and dildos into the build. This is what the milestone page for 0.B looks like

I think it looks more like this. You’re free to help knock those down, same as anyone else is.

I know I stopped producing output for a hella long time in front of 0.A, based on thinking there was a freeze. I prefer greater productivity, personally.

Electric Hulks?

I have some catching up to do.

Haha I kinda have to agree. So much has been added that I find myself always playing experimental builds now. Would be awesome to see a new stable one released.

if you think ordering us around is going to get you what you want, you haven’t been paying attention.
Also -1 for trying to make a point with an animated gif.

Someone said this before, but I’ll say it one more: It’s ready when it’s ready.

Consider the fast development pace of CDDA, a suitable time to chuck out the Stable[sup]tm[/sup] release is hard to come by as new PRs appear everyday. So let’s all be patient and it’ll come around eventually.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:5, topic:7330”]if you think ordering us around is going to get you what you want, you haven’t been paying attention.
Also -1 for trying to make a point with an animated gif.[/quote]

Yup. And hasn’t there been already?

well experimental builds do not have much game breaking bugs just grab a experimental and forget about stable relase

That’s not the point, Arek.

what is the point? what difference does it make?

The reason stable releases exist is self-evident. They’re meant to be stable. It’s fine and dandy to keep playing experimental, but those builds are not guaranteed to include balance and bug fixes.

I myself am waiting for the next stable release, because I want to play Cataclysm with a bunch of new features knowing that I won’t run into some kind of issue that’s not meant to be there.

Just like that, N’hawk. That’s exactly how I play with my _show_images opt in my browser - slowly.
And only when needed; it’s a 64k one. :))