Spawning with a corpse

So… My latest character, a randomly-generated, schizophrenic psychopath of a priest, spawned in the shelter with the corpse of what seems to have been a chemistry student. I did a couple double takes before snagging his backpack and chemistry textbook, which I unfortunately lack the intellect to understand.

I was just wondering if this might have been thanks to my traits, or if you stand a non-zero chance of spawning with a dead body regardless? I thought it both appropriate and hilarious.

[quote=“Caplin, post:1, topic:11605”]So… My latest character, a randomly-generated, schizophrenic psychopath of a priest, spawned in the shelter with the corpse of what seems to have been a chemistry student. I did a couple double takes before snagging his backpack and chemistry textbook, which I unfortunately lack the intellect to understand.

I was just wondering if this might have been thanks to my traits, or if you stand a non-zero chance of spawning with a dead body regardless? I thought it both appropriate and hilarious.[/quote]
dead npc? old character?

Neither, as far as I know. Both NPC spawn options are false, and I never had a character like this that I remember. It’s possible I had a randomly generated student at some point, but I would have committed suicide with him pretty quickly, and didn’t think that left a corpse.

I am pretty sure it does.

It does. It’s possible to find the corpses of your three-year-awesome survivors with all their loot, too, assuming you don’t reset the world. Oh, and savescumming often produces duplicate corpses because the corpse + items is saved before the fact that you die, just as a nice reminder that savescumming is dirty cheating dammit.

^ rage quitting (exiting the game when the memorial screen pops up) is a known source of body duplication, keeping your old character while simultaneously finding your old body where you died with all its loot/armour/ weapons etc…

The extreme side of same scumming being a dirty horrid habit.