[SOUNDPACK] @'s soundpack [vehicle sounds, licensed music and more!]

I just realized this soundpack may be missing the sound of opening wooden doors. Closing them seems fine. Has the audio cue for a door opening been altered and not caught up with this mod? I’ll also double-check my installation.

How funny. :slight_smile:

Still hoping for the car radio (with distance/volume dimming) gets implemented. That looks/sounds so fun.

2 Likes

yeah that would be awesome.
Wonder if that could be modded to play custom music stored on the PC?.

So basically we turn on car radio…damn even normal radio TBH and can play music from local drive.

Maybe in the CDDA option menu it has a option to input a custom music folder and it just plays music from there that would be amazeing :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a syntax error in the display name for this soundpack in the soundpack.txt. In recent experimental versions, the way ./config/options.json is created uses ’ as a separator so attempting to load @'s soundpack into a game will cause a serious error in the game resulting in negative several billion player move speed. Dropping the apostrophes from the display name in cdda\data\sound\damalsksoundpack-0.2\soundpack.txt to

NAME: @s soundpack#Viewing name of the soundpack
VIEW: @s soundpack

fixes the loading error.

3 Likes

Hey! Thank you so much for this soundpack, as is one of the most complete I’ve tried. Just one nitpick, though. Engine sounds have a noticeable low end, which doesn’t sit well with subwoofers, as it creates a constant rumble that I reckon wouldn’t be particularly good with big speakers. If you were to put a high-pass filter around 100-150Hz it would go away. Thanks for your work!

I’m really digging the soundpack. It’s nice to see some sounds working again which really draws me in. One request though. The nighttime ambient music has some very grating sound effects (crunching twigs). Can this just be removed? Maybe just no twigs and crunching?

The screaming that plays when you get injured is also excessive, it plays for every injury

So is this soundpack no longer being worked on? I just checked the Git and it said the last updates were 9 months ago in june.

If so, that is a shame. I was looking forward to being able to actually hear music on the radio when it was turned on.

1 Like

Finally got around to working on this issue again. I’ve played every .ogg file in /melee/ and the sound that I’m hearing isn’t any of them.

Again, what I’m hearing is an audio clip that plays about 1 out of every 3 or 4 strikes with my piercing weapons. It’s not a general level of static on several files, it is an burst of pure static with no other sound. I’m pretty sure it’s a bad pointer, causing something that is not an .ogg file to be processed and played as if it were.

Since no one else seems to be having his issue, I’m wondering if it may be due to playing this on OSX.

I think the next step seems to be using OBS to record the issue and then sharing it with you all.

@kuros I am also getting this static noise on OSX. I tried This soundpack and 2ch soundpack.
Unless these share common sounds its not from the soundpack itself. (They could, i’m only back playing CDDA after a long break).
I played every sound in the pack through a VLC playlist to be sure I didn’t miss any and could not find the static I am hearing.
I’m going to try the chesthole soundpack to see if it also shows the same issue. I didn’t have this issue in the past.

2 Likes

@damalsk any chance of the 0.3 release? Even if it’s a minor update that’s cool

I’m smallbrain, I was apparently using otopack in the previous version.

anyone having all the gunfire muffled with this soundpack over the last few months?

Yes, it is pretty common for the experimentals to break sound packs. Some guns still work but many don’t. A number of other sounds also seem to be broken for the time being.

2 Likes

Apologies for the double post.

This seems to have to do with the weapon ID’s getting changed around in the game as time goes on and the soundpack not referencing the newly labeled weapons. It’s a bit of json editing to fix it but the solution is pretty straightforward. I will use the M16A4 as an example, as it was broken for me:

1. In the install folder, go to data/json/items/gun
    Here is a list of json files that list all the guns in the game by ammo type. The M16A4 is .223 so I opened 223.json and used ctrl+f to find the entry for the M16A4. I noted the ID of the gun. Conveniently for this rifle it is just “m16a4”

2. In the folder data/sound/damalsksoundpack-master/guns are jsons to define the gun sounds, again organized by ammo type. I opened up 223.json. Inside there are the definitions for the sounds. Each weapon has three different sound types associated with it: “fire_gun”, “fire_gun_distant”, and “reload”. I just copied and pasted the three sound blocks for the AR15, since it’s essentially identical to the M16, then renamed the “variant” for the three new blocks to “m16a4” and saved the json.

Et voila! The M16 has sounds again.

1 Like