I was working hard these last months in my free time mastering the audio, compressing the tracks for keep a neutral and pleasant volume, preserving and improving the audio quality, adding transitions, testing the playlist order… Remixing all of it was a harsh business, but very satisfying at the end (btw, like all of the good things in this life, wink wink, nods nods 8D). Here we go:
WHAT KIND OF MUSIC THIS SOUNDPACK HAS:
- Cinematic terror Atmosphere, dark ambient, melancholic, classic CDDA Post-Apocalyptic feel, dark haunting, deep meditative, suspense, slow ambient, pulsating backgrounds, darksynth, immersive ambient, instrumental. The feeling of this soundpack can be compared with other games and films like: Fallout, Alien Isolation, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Metro, Silent Hill, Neo Scavenger, Resident evil, The Book Of Eli.
WHAT IS THE MAIN IDEA BEHIND THIS SOUNDPACK:
I want to create the best dramatic and immersive post-apocalyptic atmosphere for CDDA with this soundpack, with high quality music and sounds.
I also want to create a useful Soundpack for CDDA content creators from YouTube and Twitch. CO.AG Soundpack has royalty free music with attributions (CC-BY) and can be used in YouTube videos or Twitch live streamings, giving proper credits at the original composer, in this case CO.AG. The actual tracks remixes was made by me to fit in the game. (More info about this license inside the Soundpack folder + attributions). https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
WHAT THIS SOUNDPACK DOES NOT HAVE:
No more annoying loud backgrounds with loud sound spikes. (Every track now has the same balanced decibels, reworked frequencies, noise was removed and loud spikes eliminated)
No more overlapping rain or enviromental sounds in the music anymore, no more strident sounds or dramatic volume increases anymore which breaks the immersion (I hate this).
No more happy dreamland music (this is the end of the world, the cataclysm, happy music is completely out of place).
WHAT IS INCLUDED AND WHAT YOU GET EXACTLY:
26 New songs, more than 1h:40m:00s of immersive music. (87MB of music) (every track was compressed to save space but preserving quality at 50%-50%)
RRFSounds Included in the SoundPack (This is temporal) Why RRFSounds? It’s very popular, one of the most used and in my personal opinion it has the best balance of sounds.
HOW TO INSTALL AND DOWNLOAD:
- Download the CO.AG Soundpack from here (Multiple Options):
- WARNING FOR UPDATES: (if you are going to update the soundpack from v1.0 to v1.1 delete the previous folder called “CO.AG SoundPack” completely, Then copy the new folder). This is important, many changes have been made, several files was deleted and the name of all files has been changed.
- [Music Only]: CO.AG SoundPack [Music Only] Alternative Addon: (For those who want to use another soundpack (for example: “2ch soundpack”) but want to add the CO.AG music to it):
- [Music + Sounds]: CO.AG SoundPack v1.1 (02-Mar-19) Complete Version (WIP):
- Nexus Mods: CO.AG SoundPack v1.1 (02-Mar-19) Complete Version [Music+Sounds] and the CO.AG SoundPack [Music Only] Alternative Addon. Both can be found in NexusMods too:
- Google Drive: (Old Version) CO.AG SoundPack v1.0 (27-feb-19):
Unzip the archive with WinRar, 7-Zip or WinZip. Doing “unzip here” you get the mod folder you need directly, called: “CO.AG SoundPack”.
Copy the folder: “CO.AG SoundPack” inside your [sound] folder, located in /data/sound. (DO NOT confuse with “CO.AG SoundPack (v1.1_02-mar-19)”)
Launch the game, go to options, in [General] go at the bottom of the page and choose the CO.AG SoundPack. (Image of reference and volume recommendations):
I highly recommend set your music volume at one of these levels for a better experience:
- 40% - 45% - Low.
- 50% - Gently.
- 55% - Perfect.
- 60% - Max.
In my case, I have 90% sound and 55% music. It works very well.
Q & A:
- Why the name “CO.AG”?
It is the name of the music composer and producer, as a legitimate recognition of his authorship, I think it is fair to give his name. This soundpack was born thanks to his music, the sound effects will came later.
- Why 26 tracks?
Some tracks has short duration (2:30m, 3:00m, 3:30m) in this way the songs changes more frequently and the soundtrack becomes more dynamic and less repetitive. The playlist was extremely studied trying to find the perfect transition between tracks which maintains a pattern similar to: calm-tension-terror-calm-tension-terror.
- Are you going to continue working in this SoundPack?
Absolutely yes, the first chapter is gone, now the second starts. This means that I will work on the sound effects from now on. First will be environmental sounds, I want to give priority to the atmosphere for the game.
- The sounds that you will add further in the soundpack will be “Royalty Free”?
Is a big YES, that’s the idea too with this project.
- Will CO.AG Soundpack be added to the CDDA-Launcher?
I really hope so! There is a request on the way to add it to the CDDA-Launcher.
IF YOU WANT, YOU CAN SUPPORT THE MUSIC COMPOSER (CO.AG) HERE:
(I honestly believe that this guy deserve it, he’s sharing his work with the whole world).
CO.AG YouTube Channel
YOU CAN CONTACT ME HERE:
Special thanks to:
- CO.AG - (For his impressive music and for share it freely with the world, thank you so much!)
- Douglas Rattmann - (for the guidance, thank you).
- RRFSounds - (For the temporal sound replacer, thanks)
- To all of you @'s who creates CDDA content in YouTube and Twitch, thanks for the effort, the passion and for your time, this SoundPack is the way to say thanks to all of you.
Any feedback, suggestions or bug reports are really appreciated.
CO.AG SoundPack (Only the Music) Alternative Addon: as an alternative option for those looking for total customization of their game. This addon can be merged with other soundpacks (for example: “2ch soundpack”)
CO.AG SoundPack v1.1 (02-Mar-19)
– New sounds with multiple variations for: steps: (barefoot, dirt, grass, metal, water, tarmac)
– New Alarm sound.
– New smash sounds: (hit metal, hit wood)
– Large explosion sound volume has been slightly reduced (destroy the abominations!, not your ears!)
– Multiple changes in the soundset.json. All files names edited, expanded sound variations, fixed some loud volumes.
– Moving on to this Obstacle sound is now deaf (now the sound is the same as the ground on which the character is walking).
– All the audio tracks renamed for future updates.
– Removed old audio tracks that will never be used again to reduce the weight of the soundpack.
CO.AG SoundPack v1.0 (27-feb-19)