[MusicPack] CO.AG MusicPack Redux (11-Dec-2019)

CO.AG MusicPack Redux

19 Likes

Have you checked 2ch soundpack?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1e7NAT07njV5TkxnQxpo4nxeI0RfpN25N

Yes, it’s good. I have something similar in mind for the CO.AG SoundPack.

First thing to get from this soundpack is remove sound of “Moving on to this __________ is slow!”. Cause just go to the forest and you gonna hear it over and over and over yet again. I suggest you mute this sound.

1 Like

You mean the step over grass sound? Yeah agree with you, it’s from RRFSounds. it’s going to be changed in the next update, and some enviromental sounds too. trying to preserve the atmosphere with this, loud noises in a loop are not good.

Couldn’t part of that be alleviated with multiple grass sounds so it’s not just a single loop? Not sure if that’s a thing that’s available but it’d make sense. I’ll be giving the sound pack a try and seeing how it is.

“Moving on to this __________ is slow!” has same sound for everything. Table, long grass, water, etc. Everything what has this message when you walk over it gonna have this sound.

I think Kevin mentioned how he’d like to add sound packs to the default launcher, but with how they were set up, It would most likely bug the launcher while it launches the game (Or something related to the coding of the launcher, forgot what he said exactly, but it was something along the lines of messing with the coding, or the files were incompatible with changing the launcher).

How much does this add exactly? Just music or does it also add lots of in-game sounds too? I’d love to get a soundpack for my android version, just want to step off on the right foot.

Kevin wanted sound. But it would require the pack not be infringing or remixing or copying from licensed sources.

In any event. The old chesty soundpack seems fine even on new game experimentals. I thank you for new crap though.

1 Like

thanks guys!. I will try to answer all the doubts as soon as possible. I also want to add a Dev-Roadmap right at the bottom of the thread, so you can see what I’m working on right now. I want to make it clear, as I said in the main thread, all the music is royalty free and the sounds that will be added in the next updates will also be royalty free.

I do not want to run with this because I’m looking for the best possible audio quality, plus there is a process of remixing and editing later for every single audio track neccesary for fit well into the game.

That is a good idea, yeah is another good option. The problem with this sound right now as @SomeDeadGuy says: is that this sound is the same every time you step on tall grass, over a table, or any other obstacle, like a generic sound. It would be interesting if “stepping-over-obstacles” can be separated into different categories for differentiate between for example: when climbing a table, or when you pass through tall grass. Right now it uses a generic group made by 3 sounds for every single obstacle ingame.

Indeed, and it’s getting annoying so it will be removed. Another option is to add a new set of sounds, variations with soft volumes, but yeah this sound is annoying, sounds like dragging a heavy backpack every time you step on any obstacle.

This from my point of view is worrying, I would like it to work in the launcher, it is the most convenient way for users to download and install the soundpack, it is also the best way to handle updates. I would like to know more about this, I have sent a request to remyroy’s github to add the soundpack to the list and waiting right now for an answer.

This version has 26 new songs (more info about it in the main thread), the sounds are temporal replacement from RRFSounds. What exactly means “temporal”? means that all the sounds are provisional and will be replaced. The soundpack right now has both, sounds and music.

Thanks! As said, all the music and sounds will be completely royalty free. and was explained in the main thread. This is one of the main objectives with this soundpack, create a full royalty free soundpack with good quality sounds and high quality soundtrack.

1 Like

i have once created an ambient horror BGM for C:DDA but i forgot the place where i upload it…

i would like to help though with BGM music.

nope… i found it again…

Damn, the file size isn’t a joke… Literally, its too huge for mobile users to use XD

:smile: that’s what i thought… for the mobile user its a big file. so i made the PC first…
Mobile phone will be added later after i got some grip on requirement.

“Moving on to this Obstacle” sound is now deaf (now the sound is the same as the ground on which the character is walking. much better now). :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m working now in Environmental sounds, (will be added in the next update (v1.1), I hope this weekend) here some changes:

• New walking sounds (9 variations per each): walk on grass, walk on dirt, walk barefoot, gear jiggle, walk on metal, walk on tarmac and walk on water. The annoying obstacle sound was removed.

• New Ambience and weather sound effects (I’m studying the variations right now).

• New smash sounds with multiple variations for metal, doors, glass, trees, vehicles, walls and so on.

• New Alarm sound

5 Likes

Make sure to keep us updated!

3 Likes

Yes! Finally! Thank you for your hard work! :smile: The sound effect for moving over tall grass gets old quick.

1 Like

I was gonna ask about how to install on android with ES, but I woukd doubt most people woukd know

I play CDDA on Android, i can help you. You download the CO.AG file above. Open up ES File explorer, go to downloads, unzip the file, you should get a file named CO.AG Sound pack, then click the “move to” option on ES, move the file to the sound folder under, Android/Data/CleverRaven.Cataclysm/Files/Data/Sound.

1 Like

Nvm just being stupid as heck, time to figure out this tileset now
Oh god, just turned a simple trash fire into a dumpster fire, tried moving the whole thing into mods (didn’t work) the moved it to a new folder, moves the contents into the file containing mxotto+_Deadpeople, which replaced a bunch of stuff, and the going into a game I got a code error that said the xotto+ tile wasn’t working, skipped problem, and now my games stuck in ascIII, and I accidently deleted every file in that folder…