"Sound" meter regarding vehicles still borked

Ok as of v.4379 experimental; Windows, Tiles. Using any tile set does not seem to matter.

Fresh install. Fresh start of a game world and character(janitor). No mods or with mods does not matter.

In short? I’ve made mention of this problem like 300 updates ago(no exaggeration) and it is a bug. “Something is changed”, no this is a bug. It is easy enough to try it. Find a working car that can move at random.

The meter flickers on for a few movement turns but immediately turns off. When walk, if you stop, the meter stays on regarding the noise you made the step prior. Vehicles? No, it says zero shortly there after. If you guys want to explain why this is happening, feel free. But this IS a bug in practice to I as a play tester. It worked before, now it seems to want to annnnddd…doesn’t. I’m trying not to come off as sarcastic, but dev. responses weren’t especially detailed a few hundred updates ago and felt more like a brush off when I first reported this. I thought when I had apologized I could be wrong. I waited a few hundred updates to see if this was resolved. I realise it isn’t the only thing on your plates. I would appreciate more info if this really is a change that broke the meter and will be resolved.

What I’m seeing is easy enough to find. Unzip it. Start it. Find a vehicle that can move. Bam. I’m not sure what specifically would make only my play of each version behave singular/unique to me. I seriously doubt this is only on my machine, each time I play test a version. My only conclusion is not many people test to many things out, if at all test experimental versions besides a handful of us who hang out on the forum for kicks.

Small edit-

To be a 100% clear on this. Not audible sound the player can hear. The in game yellow “Sound” meter on screen, that details what noise the character is making. Oh and crashing and running over stuff is also zero.

I believe the original explanation was that the sound meter doesn’t change when you drive a vehicle because the meter is there to show the noise you are making, not the sound you can hear or the sound the vehicle you’re driving is making. Playing the stable 0.C version I remember the bar changing with every sound made, including vehicles.

IIRC the bar does change when you hear an explosion or a wall/building collapsing, even though you’re not the one causing it. Sounds kind of like a weird noise-hybrid to me. At any rate, I’d prefer if it showed the sound you can hear regardless of its source.

Well, as far as I could tell, the devs were working on a fix so that everything you did made a sound. Like the way it was. But then after a few hundred updates it wasn’t fixed. So I was curious if or what was happening with this. The problem is so offputting I really have not even played since the posting of this thread =/

Not knowing what noise I’m making is enough to make me quit this game entirely. Which I rather not. Not as if it matters to the devs. I’m merely making a point that it is an important feature.

edit:

I do not know if it is a trait that is the problem though either. Perhaps not, but I used Light Step, Fast Runner(i think it is) and Parkour Expert.

Also, using the Windows Tile version with ChestHole Tile set(my favorite ^_^)

I suspect the issue lies in the fact that vehicles can move, and you can control the speed. So the sound source, the engine, is a moving source. I think the source and the listener aren’t synchronized. The source might lag behind, and the faster you drive, the more it might lack. This is pure speculation, of course.

Character’s hearing is also a factor. I started with a character who had normal hearing but after I had installed the Enhanced Hearing CBM, the perceived sound level from my car’s stereo system went from 15 to 52.

Maybe it is a time lag problem. Because when I drive pretty much any vehicle, the sound sometimes will show up at first Annnnnnnddddd…nothing. For like a drive around a small building. Then there after it seems to just not work at all.

It sometimes looks like it blips on and off super fast at each move. But as I said, it turns off. So it may just be that. A timing error. I’m seriously perplexed how every version I’ve tested has this and nobody else seems to notice it. Like a kick in the balls and everyone who owns them is like… MEH! >_>

I think this needs some love.