So i just started playing again

any tips for someone who hasnt touched the game in a few months? im already set with my rat girl charecter, i just want to know if there is anything specific i should watch out for. i noticed that the winter survivor suit can block turret bursts now, and that turrets sometimes spawn in the road, but a bit of help would help.

Turrets, tank drones, chicken walkers. Basically the worst stuff isn’t anything otherworldly, it’s the remnants of human civilisation and weaponry. Perhaps it was the same way when you played.

Mostly, be damn careful when exploring new territory (drive slowly!) and when on foot, keep a pinch of meth on you in case you need to make a swift getaway. Turrets and chicken walkers and the like can be taken out with a long-range rifle, but tank drones I dunno about.

Oh yeah, and be careful when around zombie technicians now. They have electromagnetic bionics that can actually yoink metal weapons right out of your hands at range. Just a heads-up.

also, do guns work different now? ive found that my 22 ruger is not hitting near as much as it did in the last version i played, even fucking loaded with mods.

I’ve just started playing again, too. After 0.B and the last few experimentals, it seems more punishing than before…I think. Could just be unlucky. And/or under-equipped. Used to be able to bash at least a few zombies around without TOO many troubles with a crowbar and fairly standard starter clothing, but now, they eats me.

There are different modes of aiming now. F to line up a shot like before, but instead of hitting f again you now have multiple options. f again is a quick un-aimed shot, a is a quick aimed shot, c is a careful shot, p is a precise shot. it shows the options and what they do after hitting f once.

There are different modes of aiming now. F to line up a shot like before, but instead of hitting f again you now have multiple options. f again is a quick un-aimed shot, a is a quick aimed shot, c is a careful shot, p is a precise shot. it shows the options and what they do after hitting f once.[/quote]

You can also hit “.” to aim in increments (much less than one turn). I tend to . rather than relying on the letters, personally.

Oh that sounds cool!!!