Im kinda new and have some questions

hi im kinda new to the game and i have a few questions
[size=6pt](this is in version 6.1?)[/size]
I’ve had 3 characters in the game so far and have a fairly stable character now that i don’t think will die any time soon [size=6pt](archery is OP)[/size]

is there anything that i should look out for that can avoid archery [size=6pt](other than skeletons)[/size]

where can i find plenty of power storage bionics to keep my power levels high [size=6pt](i find the finger-mounted laser very useful, including with 13, almost 14, levels in firearms)[/size]
[size=6pt](my brain fails to tell me what it is)[/size]
i can’t seem to find any science labs, military bunkers, triffid hivessize=6pt[/size], fungaloids, wasp hives, or ant hills, although there are thousands of FEMA cams

what does the marloss carrier mutation do? I still have plenty of marloss berries left [size=6pt](FREE FOOD!)[/size] but after it said i got that trait im afraid to eat any more…

whats the point of sewers other than leveling up low level melee stats?

i cant seem to get the upgrade mutation for Per or Int, is this a bug?

drinking mutagen is getting rid of mutations, is this a bug

last time i used a purifier it didn’t do anything, was it because i only had a few mutations or is it bugged

how do i achieve high speeds of 1000 MPH, i want to clear a town in style

do multiple seat belts help when you hit a building?

what does a Ganz-rustung do? [size=6pt](from the recipe im afraid of it D:)[/size]

where can i find blade weapons other than lawn mowers

whats the point of the power armor interface MK. II?

whats the tazer used for?

whats the point of making manhacks if they cant take down one zombie?

is a long bow better (i think it requires more Str) or a reflex recurve bow better

i can seem to see where every moving thing is, it comes up as ?

Thanks in advance!

Ill answer you bug questions, but everything else you gotta learn yourself, its much more fulfilling and funner that way. Plus you should really play .7, its… harder. Anyway, the per and int thing is just bad luck. As for the mutagen getting rid of other mutations I’m pretty sure that’s not supposed to happen.

1. Flaming eyes, smokers, and shocker zombies.
  2. Butcher shocker zombies.
  3. They are rare buildings.
  4. Basically you shit out fungus tiles when you eat another.
  5. Low Z level, plus good for building an underground base.
  6. Good mutations are 1/8 chance, plus the 30+ mutations. 30* 1/8 = very low chance.
  7. Nope, you rolled a mutation in the opposite direction of your current ones.
  8. It might not have removed anything.
  9. Lotsa engines.
  10. No.
  11. Don’t know, probably some kind of drug.
  12. Sporting goods stores/hardware stores/houses.
  13. To let power armor drain your internal power supply.
  14. Stunning Zeds.
  15. Distractions.
  16. Reflex recurve (better accuracy)
  17. You have infra-red vision, anything not in your vision range is shown as the red ?

[quote author=Keyreper link=topic=2612.msg34474#msg34474 date=1375330363]
hi im kinda new to the game and i have a few questions
[/quote
You really should upgrade to the newest version, found on the cataclysmdda.com page. You can either choose the experimental or stable builds. The stable usually has fewer features, but more balance. The experimental is opossite. More features but less balance.

There are also smokers, they are like skeletons, and they also are surrounded by a cloud of smoke.

[quote=“Keyreper, post:1, topic:2491”]where can i find plenty of power storage bionics to keep my power levels high [size=6pt](i find the finger-mounted laser very useful, including with 13, almost 14, levels in firearms)[/size]
[size=6pt](my brain fails to tell me what it is)[/size][/quote]
Labs and shocker zombies are usually good sources of bionics, sometime power storage.

You have probably set classical zombies on. This limits a lot of the features (like what you have pointed out). It is generally recommended to not play with CZ, but some people prefer it that way.

They offer a good way to get from point a to point b without too much danger. There is no threat of zombies, wolves, cougars, etc, etc. They also have a few nice drops in them.

Probably not, it just is that the range of mutations is large, and the probability of getting one is small.

IIRC no. This is because it is still mutating you, it is just mutating you into a normal human. Also some mutations are mutually exclusive.

With a lot of hard work. It is usually a late game achivement, and has to be done with a powerful car.

You can only install one seatbelt in every seat. So no.

It is a type of crossbow IIRC. I dont remember much about it.

In the very rare mansions that you might stumble apon there might be swords. Or in pawn shops.

To transfer energy from your powerstorages to the power armor.

Usually it can. Maybe you were just unlucky.

Probably the reflex recurve bow. The information is visible on the details screen. (open {i}nventory then press the letter of the bow, look at the stats).

It’s a mutation IIRC. Or maybe it was a bionic. One of the two.

[quote=“Keyreper, post:1, topic:2491”]hi im kinda new to the game and i have a few questions
I’ve had 3 characters in the game so far and have a fairly stable character now that i don’t think will die any time soon [size=6pt](archery is OP)[/size]

is there anything that i should look out for that can avoid archery [size=6pt](other than skeletons)[/size]
where can i find plenty of power storage bionics to keep my power levels high [size=6pt](i find the finger-mounted laser very useful, including with 13, almost 14, levels in firearms)[/size]
[size=6pt](my brain fails to tell me what it is)[/size]
i can’t seem to find any science labs, military bunkers, triffid hivessize=6pt[/size], fungaloids, wasp hives, or ant hills, although there are thousands of FEMA cams
what does the marloss carrier mutation do? I still have plenty of marloss berries left [size=6pt](FREE FOOD!)[/size] but after it said i got that trait im afraid to eat any more…
last time i used a purifier it didn’t do anything, was it because i only had a few mutations or is it bugged
what does a Ganz-rustung do? [size=6pt](from the recipe im afraid of it D:)[/size]
is a long bow better (i think it requires more Str) or a reflex recurve bow better
i can seem to see where every moving thing is, it comes up as ?

Thanks in advance![/quote]

To elaborate on gtaguy:

-Power-storages can routinely be butchered out of shocker zeds provided you make a decent Survival roll. If you have decent Focus it’s probably worthwhile to practice on other zeds first.
-Fungaloids & anthills aren’t desirable IMO. Wasps infest houses in town (they’ll make themselves known, either by flying around or by the “paper wall” they build).
-Marloss Carrier means that you’re extra-contaminated. Not only do you generate a block of fungus about the same size as that around a Tear In Reality (where I’m guessing you found those Marloss berries–they’ve been glitched like that for a few versions now), but you get +100 morale in addition to the +50 or so for eating a berry. Probably better off Purifying it.
-Purifier works best when it’s got a lot of stuff to remove.
-Mutation categories (check the wiki) are fairly strictly enforced now, so if a mutation isn’t categorized, it’s tough to get and extremely tough to keep. +IN and +PE aren’t typically categorized…so good luck getting and keeping them.
-The Ganz-Rustung is a giant Old German siege crossbow. If something’s a good ways away, use the GR to put a bolt through it…HARD. Otherwise, it’s generally not worthwhile–definitely not for short-range.
-ballfairy’s The Quest for 1,000 MPH documents the process well.
-Kitchens & restaurants have steak knives, possibly butcher knives as well. Milsurplus stores can stock combat knives, if you don’t find one on a dead soldier. Sporting goods stores and sommetimes milsurps can stock machetes, an inferior version of the Broadswords rarely found in pawn shops or Mansions. Rapiers and Katanas are the best, and those rarely show in pawn shops IME.

Hoping that helps.

Depending on your ammo, if you don’t have anything hard hitting you should avoid things that have armor or lots of health like hulks, robots, etc.

where can i find plenty of power storage bionics to keep my power levels high [size=6pt](i find the finger-mounted laser very useful, including with 13, almost 14, levels in firearms)[/size] [size=6pt](my brain fails to tell me what it is)[/size] i can't seem to find any science labs, military bunkers, triffid hives[size=6pt](?)[/size], fungaloids, wasp hives, or ant hills, although there are thousands of FEMA cams

They are usually always in labs, and sometimes military bunkers. Shockers when butchered also gives CBMs. Internal furnace is a good one, as is metabolic interchange.

They sometimes intersect other underground areas, it also allows you to avoid a certain part of town.

If you are save scumming and not just unlucky, then yes there is a formula that inhibits you from gaining some traits after you max out. Check the wiki.

No, mutations go both ways.

last time i used a purifier it didn't do anything, was it because i only had a few mutations or is it bugged

It’s random.

Put more engines into the vehicle. Take off useless weight.

I don’t think so.

A really slow, powerful crossbow.

Check mansions and pawn shops.

It allows power armor MK. II to interface with your bionic batteries.

It’s something to take batteries out of and to disassemble for parts.

Well then make more than one.

You can check what you’re making by hitting the ? key when highlighting a recipe.

[quote]i can seem to see where every moving thing is, it comes up as ?

Heat vision mutation or the corresponding bionic.

thanks for all the help!

also the only reason im asking about the perception mutation is because mine is nine [size=6pt](Stupid mines)[/size] and i live by two mine fields, its a good thing im waring a rain coat and Kevlar armor all the time!

here is the stats and my map

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Yay, finally someone else agrees with archery being OP.