Skitter bots are heavy

I am playing with the Salvaged Robots mod by Sunshine, so I have a reason to lug around some broken skitterbots. However, they are very heavy. Is there anything I can build that will help me carry them around, like a makeshift cart?

A car with cargo space/s

1 Like

There is always the option of making a travois as well as using the advanced inventory screen to essentially drag it around.

1 Like

The latest experimentals added a haul mechanic. When you’re standing on a square with an item, you press backslash to activate it and every step you take until you or something else cancels the hauling will automatically drag every item at your feet with you. Everything you step over will also be added to the pile.

1 Like

You can actually haul items now with the ’ \ ’ command.

1 Like

Keep in mind that hauling things can eat up considerable time on the clock and make you hungry and tired faster, so if you have a long way to drag, it’s probably better to make a vehicle out of a foldable frame, and add a foldable basket to it. If you have a set of casters, add those, but if not you can still drag it around as long as it’s not too heavy. This cart can be used to transport 150L of items, and when you are done it can be folded up and put in your inventory. I find it strange that you can’t craft casters or baskets made out of wood, as that seems like something that would help the early game tremendously. Bearings would make sense for crafting casters I would think.

1 Like