Shopping cart people of the Apocalypse!

How about simple, human-powered “vehicles” like shopping carts, wheelbarrows, garden carts, and soforth? They’d let you move a fair bit of stuff around at something like a walking pace and relatively quietly (probably a little bit slower than walking and a little noisier.) If danger threatens, you can just “exit” the vehicle to fight (or abandon it to flee).

These could be pretty easy to craft – just a steel frame for the chassis, a trunk, a couple wheels and a handle. Maybe skilled mechanics could even fit their carts out with heavy plating and blades, then use them to plow through hordes of the living dead!

https://github.com/TheDarklingWolf/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/104

… or that would work, too :slight_smile:

I’d still kind of like to be able to have a blade-wheeled shopping cart of havoc :slight_smile:

I saw this idea at old Whales forum, but it’s still actual.
Maybe this should be coded like a bicycle and use that fabulous “human legs” engine? ( I have not understood vehicle’s code architecture -_-’ )

I may have mentioned this before, and it’s somewhat related. What about improvised containers?
Wield a curtain/sheet and use it as a large sack? Add a massive amount of volume, but be cumbersome, and probably slow you down. But not quite as bad dragging the same thing (which should be possible if you can’t pick it up).

[quote=“Miloch, post:5, topic:266”]I may have mentioned this before, and it’s somewhat related. What about improvised containers?
Wield a curtain/sheet and use it as a large sack? Add a massive amount of volume, but be cumbersome, and probably slow you down. But not quite as bad dragging the same thing (which should be possible if you can’t pick it up).[/quote]
So what you’re saying is that I would be able to use a bandanna as a hobo knapsack along with my shopping trolley? Yes please.

Obviously, this game needs bindles.

I tend to suggest that at least once per time I log into IRC :stuck_out_tongue:

Can someone post the Irc?

I suppose that might be an easy craft.
1 heavy stick + rags/bandana/sheet/curtain/etc

Meh, just give certain items stats that only show when wielded. Like sheet’s having container values that only apply when wielded.