Skeleton in the game as an example of a spherical horse in vacuum

Hi!
yet such a topic. zombies. Come with all kinds of zombies, I agree. rotting crawling exploding - in theory I can justify. But how can the skeletons? But with this I disagree.
theoretically they can not move. muscles should be. otherwise not be able to move the bones.
plus - the bone can not think by definition - it is a bone. and bone is that - calcium. well, plus organic, but no nerve tissue. because inside the skull - and a skeleton is all rotted and even in the skull - the emptiness !!! even think this poor guy just nothing. well - not to think - to reflect. carrier reflexes I apologize not bone, but nervous and in particular the interaural ganglion.

with the rest of the game - to agree to some extent. but not with the skeletons. skeletons of the game - away.
or skeletons must manage techno necromancers that the skeletons equip motorized exoskeleton or some sort of. Well I do not know what else to call what will be in place to control the muscles of dry bones. skeletons such as drones-manhaks. zombie-scientists have their manhak while techno necromancers skeletons.
then - then everything falls into place. necromancer via remote control unit controls the skeletons.

I ask me to understand - just DDA univerce - quite logical - there is almost no illogical, why this game can be played just until infinity and the game does not get bored.
all logical - to boil water need water boiler and a water source. nothing more, forgot! - bottle for clean water. now all in their places.

but the skeleton - is a “spherical wunderwaffle in vacuum”.
What motivated him to attack the man? he does not eat! does not remember evil! because there is nothing to remember!

• That is not even a place for him is an attack on human motivation.

There is a saying - or put on your pants or take off your cross.
need to resolve this illogic of the game - or create techno-nekromancers or remove skeletons.

Isn’t it literally just the goo (As all zombies are) wrapped in and around the skeleton and making it move?

DDA ‘skeletons’ are just zombies that are emaciated to the point of being skin and bones, but ‘skinny zombie’ just doesn’t have the same cachet.

Also, what a thread title!

I thought the skeletons were always just controlled by the zombie necromancers?

[quote=“Rivet, post:3, topic:7853”]DDA ‘skeletons’ are just zombies that are emaciated to the point of being skin and bones, but ‘skinny zombie’ just doesn’t have the same cachet.

Also, what a thread title![/quote]

Isn’t there a chance of bullets shot at skeletons giving a message about passing between the bones and missing? Wouldn’t suggest less an emaciated zombie, and more an actual skeleton?

I really thought this was a troll thread. Like, the entire essay about skeletons and stuff. But yeah, they are mostly goo.

I’d see it like this: smashed zombies were damaged instantly and so can’t revive. Skeletons were slowly burned up by the reanimating goo that had the time to reassign vital functions and move around the corpse.

Hence skeletons are basically highly optimized zombies with less vital functions (normal zombies are warm, skeles aren’t), less ability to feed and grow (there is no skeletal brute or skeletal hulk), less brain functions (no scent), less strength (can’t bash) and less bash resistance. On the other hand all the goo and tissue left clings tightly to the bone and fulfills all functions it can rather than being centralized in several organs.

Always remember: It#'s just a game. 100% accuracy is not a guarantee. I don’t remember being accosted by triphids last time I nipped down to costcutters.

that’s because they only hang around triphidtown

I just googled “spherical horse in vacuum.” This thread title is making a little bit of sense now.

We need an artist to draw what exactly we’re dealing with here.

Also, shouldn’t shooting blobs also make a “oops your bullet is useless, waste your turn” since they are 100% goo?
(If the argument that emaciated skeletons can make your bullet useless since you hit useless goo spot.)

Nah, the necromancer zombie just smells so bad that even double-dead things get back up. To get away from him.

Nah, the necromancer zombie just smells so bad that even double-dead things get back up. To get away from him.[/quote]

+1

Fighting a zed generally isn’t about killing it through blood loss, systemic shock, or sudden organ failure. It’s about reducing it’s support and motility structures to the point of non-function. The diverse variety of organs and limbs a zed may may hijack, mutate or even build from scratch are only the tools of the infectious agent itself. Those ‘tools’ likely consume far more biological energy than is strictly necessary for the infection itself to survive or even carefully perambulate about.

Sent through a blender the living ‘parasite’ survives and may be injected/ingested/applied to another organism to start or enhance a new infection/colonization cycle, I think we call it mutagen. Even the ‘pulped’ zeds arn’t ‘technically’ dead either… they just can’t pursue you anymore you because they’ve no significant bones left longer than a matchstick. (a thought that opens itself to new horrifying vistas given enough time and creative mutation.)

[quote=“Raskulle, post:11, topic:7853”]We need an artist to draw what exactly we’re dealing with here.

Also, shouldn’t shooting blobs also make a “oops your bullet is useless, waste your turn” since they are 100% goo?
(If the argument that emaciated skeletons can make your bullet useless since you hit useless goo spot.)[/quote]
I’ll see if I can’t sketch something together. In all likelihood the blobs are yet another, more primitive ‘vehicle’ constructed out what it can fabricate on hand; some simple cell wall structures, some gelatinous membranes and some macro-vessicular action all driven by either a myosin/actin analogue (similar to our own muscles) or an even a simpler hydrolic action similar to spider legs or fungal expansion.

Shoot a human or shoot a balloon. The human leaks and the balloon bursts… but the water is fine.

Your real enemy is ‘the water.’

And if the water had mind-control ability, XE037 would be a nastier variant of the Micronoid Aggregate.

Not sure about the nastier part.
XE037 nicely waits for you to die and then takes over what’s left. Micronoid gets all in your face while it’s still your face.

I’d rather compare it to necromorphs from Dead Space. They also kill stuff to take it over rather than infecting living stuff and MCing it. They also put the corpses into “overdrive”, repair their damage, get rid of original body functions, mutate stuff into acid-spitting machines of property destruction and get whacked around by dude in heavy armor.

Triffids true weakness, apart from fire, is scolding hot tea*, and judging by how British that sentence was I’m going to assume you’re British too, explaining the lack of Triffids

[size=5pt]*scolding hot tea not confirmed as weakness, do not attempt to attack Triffids with tea, it will be a waste of tea[/size]

[size=3pt]Leaving the incorrect scolding here because Grammar Nazi rule[/size]

Ah the grammar nazi rule - correcting someone’s misspelling/bad grammar inevitably leads to committing a similar mistake in the exact same post.

Ah the grammar nazi rule - correcting someone’s misspelling/bad grammar inevitably leads to committing a similar mistake in the exact same post.[/quote]
I didn’t mean to come across as being a Grammar Nazi, I realised Triffid had been spelt wrong, but didn’t change the spelling in the quote to try and avoid seeming like a Grammar Nazi, to be fair it took me a few moments of staring at Triphid to work out if it was actually correct.
On the topic of spelling scalding wrong, and accidentally using a completely different word, I’m extremely sleep deprived and am willing to bribe people with sexual favours to completely ignore that mistake.

Ah the grammar nazi rule - correcting someone’s misspelling/bad grammar inevitably leads to committing a similar mistake in the exact same post.[/quote]
I didn’t mean to come across as being a Grammar Nazi, I realised Triffid had been spelt wrong, but didn’t change the spelling in the quote to try and avoid seeming like a Grammar Nazi, to be fair it took me a few moments of staring at Triphid to work out if it was actually correct.
On the topic of spelling scalding wrong, and accidentally using a completely different word, I’m extremely sleep deprived and am willing to bribe people with sexual favours to completely ignore that mistake.[/quote]

Mistakes happen, no big. Schlaf gut.