Silo vs. triffid heart

i’m wondering if the missile from a silo will destroy a triffid heart, or only things above ground?

In my experience, it only fucks with terrain, And thats about it. I set one to the middle of a zombie infested town, went through the crater, and still there were many zombies in it. Because it is less effective than a katana, you might as well try. Its not like there is much better to do with it.

Does it work against fungal spire?

It probably won’t work on it specifically, but it will the terrain which will make it easier to kill.

well since fungal spires are a terrain feature, and missiles destroy terrain features, i would assume it would work against a fungal spire. basically what i’m wondering is if it destroys terrain features that are underground.

Given that its a triffid grove, and Triffids can only hear and smell, they aren’t to much a promblem you can’t handle as a player. Just go in with (an incredibly weak but totally silent) supressed nailgun rifle, a nailbat or katana, a flamethrower or 20 - 30 molotovs, and plenty of ammo. Should be able to get through it all without much trouble.

Gas mask and a few teargas charges ought to work OK too. Problem is that the Heart likes to close up the walls on its level…so it’s possible to get cut off from the upstair and/or the Heart. J-Hammer FTW.

As for whether the nuke silo ought to kill a heart, assuming we had the codebase to support it: two levels underground? depends on the size of the nuke. A full ICBM ought to expose the Heart (remove the intervening soil, etc) but the Heart could luck out and survive.

(edited to clarify that a Silo can’t kill things underground)

Thing is though that nukes don’t actually do that much damage to the ground in the real world, as the energy isnt concentrated. at most the crater would expose the first floor, if that.

[quote=“detahramet, post:8, topic:2836”]Thing is though that nukes don’t actually do that much damage to the ground in the real world, as the energy isnt concentrated. at most the crater would expose the first floor, if that.[/quote]of course it would then depend on if it was a ground burst or airburst, and if the missile itself is a bunker buster.

Last time I used a missile silo it was ‘local’ only, even if that is only because of how the map sectors work, so I wouldn’t call them ICBMs (yet).
They work on multiple map tiles so I figure the result depends on where, exactly, you aimed. Ground zero ought to be a hole in the ground, one layer deep with significant damage two layers deep, but for the areas outside of ground zero, most of it is the initial shockwave and then lingering radiation, not all out devastation.

Good point…

as long as you have a mask, fungal spires are good to keep around for training. skills degrade and this is a constant spawn. so you can go back to get them back up.

[quote=“youtoo, post:12, topic:2836”]as long as you have a mask, fungal spires are good to keep around for training. skills degrade and this is a constant spawn. so you can go back to get them back up.[/quote]i find that triffid groves work just as well for training, and they have the added benefit of providing plant fiber which is useful for building a palisade wall around your base.

Not to mention that you can eat the triffids. Fungaloids, not so much.