Show off your base!

I’m really interested to see what kinda bases/builds the long term veteran players have produced. Mind sharing some screenshots of your world/base/character?

This should be in the “The Bunker” subforum. I believe there is a “move topic” button near the bottom of the page.

Thanks for moving this to the correct area.

Still interested in seeing what kinda bases or hobbit holes you guys live in, in game. Send in some screen shots!

will send some stuff soon. Especially If I get any further than just living in a farm building. Just wanna follow this thread for now though.

I can’t really claim to have one. I started off in a bunker, moved into the front room of a nearby mansion, and then built a gigantic atomic powered tank outside the window, which I’m currently sleeping in.

Vehicle = House w/ extra layer of security: Run AWAY!!!
Also less moving hassle.

Drivable home/base seems to be the best way to go. Like an RV that’s been, Anti Zombie’d. I instantly get flash backs to the 2004 remake Dawn of the Dead, When they pimp out the buses and mow through the zombie crowds.

Yeah, the Deathmobile tribe reigns supreme in the land of Cataclysm. Nothing for it really. Even with hordes on you’re eventually gonna have to go mobile once you’ve scavenged out everything near you.

I wonder if that’s true. I could potentially farm craploads of crops and stick all the produce in the basement of the nearby ice lab.

I’m currently doing that to a certain extent along with putting meat down there. I plan to make about a metric tonne of pemmican then take out the tank and carry out genocide.

[quote=“Quin91, post:3, topic:12473”]Thanks for moving this to the correct area.

Still interested in seeing what kinda bases or hobbit holes you guys live in, in game. Send in some screen shots![/quote]
No prob
[hr]
Currently I’m still working on making my flatbed a proper deathmobile so I’m just living out of a house on the outskirts of town. It’s surprisingly OK as a base.

What makes you guys consider a vehicle a “deathmobile”? Personally, I don’t consider a car a real mobile base unless it’s got a kitchen unit in back and a ram on the front, and “deathmobile” is when it’s got, at the very least, plating all around the outside, a welding rig, and a mounted machine gun.

[quote=“Tawarochir, post:10, topic:12473”][quote=“Quin91, post:3, topic:12473”]Thanks for moving this to the correct area.

Still interested in seeing what kinda bases or hobbit holes you guys live in, in game. Send in some screen shots![/quote]
No prob
[hr]
Currently I’m still working on making my flatbed a proper deathmobile so I’m just living out of a house on the outskirts of town. It’s surprisingly OK as a base.

What makes you guys consider a vehicle a “deathmobile”? Personally, I don’t consider a car a real mobile base unless it’s got a kitchen unit in back and a ram on the front, and “deathmobile” is when it’s got, at the very least, plating all around the outside, a welding rig, and a mounted machine gun.[/quote]

IMO it’s a deathmobile when you can successfully live out of it and repair all of the damage you do by running over zombies with it. That’s a bit arbitrary though. Really the latter is the only bit that matters in the long run. A very lethal car is all you need to earn the nomenclature. When I say “deathmobile” I’m generally referring to a mobile base though.

[quote=“Tawarochir, post:10, topic:12473”][quote=“Quin91, post:3, topic:12473”]Thanks for moving this to the correct area.

What makes you guys consider a vehicle a “deathmobile”? Personally, I don’t consider a car a real mobile base unless it’s got a kitchen unit in back and a ram on the front, and “deathmobile” is when it’s got, at the very least, plating all around the outside, a welding rig, and a mounted machine gun.[/quote]
Personally, it’s gotta have a vehicle welding rig on it. The rest comes later, but without that VWR the vehicle might as well be any other car.

Personally I find welding rigs to be a bit of a waste. I always just attach a UPS conversion mod to a welder and put it in a trunk under a UPS recharging station so I always have it powered that way and can even move it out of my vehicle if I want. For soldering irons I just power it normally because it uses almost no batteries to upgrade equipment.

I use the welding rig inside the vehicle to hold various machine parts in its cargo compartment. It’s also next to the driving seat.

This makes absolutely no logical sense but it essentially gives me an autorepair function I can use from the driver’s seat.

All death-mobiles are missing is a sunroof for greenhousary.

9\27\2016 the day that deathmobiles were obsoleted by cannabiswagons. #NewHotness

…and food. Food too. But also yes.

lack of mobile farming and fermenting vat is large issue while living on the road and we cant have both wheels and boat boards at one time, vehicle with boat board is just a boat even if it have wheels

driving on bridges is realy hard unless you spent days on cutting wreckages for parts or you atach temporary boat boards to make it on other side of river

and my vehicle is realy small

That’s pretty damn cool, Also what Tileset and Font pack is that?